Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will keeping my BIOS set to RAID affect my new SSDs performance?

Default Re: Will keeping my BIOS set to RAID affect my new SSDs performance?

Thanks guys. At this stage I am happy to leave the BIOS as is, the SSD is behaving ok. If it does become an issue I will revisit this and consider a custom BIOS. However in all likelihood by the time the SSD becomes and issue I will be well and truly ready for a computer upgrade.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gates View Post
    read through this thread Raid0 and TRIM Support on Intel 11.5 OROM and Latest v11.5.0.1184 RST Drivers ? this is where it all began. all the info you need is there even a link to a guide that shows you exactly how to inject a new orom into your bios. OR you can ask stasio to mod a bios for you.
    Yeah, that's RAID 0 TRIM, which is not what I'm thinking about, and does not affect the OP. I'm just wondering if there is any reason the Matrix driver would mess up normal TRIM to a single SSD.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Yeah, that's RAID 0 TRIM, which is not what I'm thinking about, and does not affect the OP. I'm just wondering if there is any reason the Matrix driver would mess up normal TRIM to a single SSD.
    No it wont, TRIM is a function of Windows. The only time the driver affects TRIM is when You are running an actual array

parsec is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gates View Post
    No it wont, TRIM is a function of Windows. The only time the driver affects TRIM is when You are running an actual array
    Yes I know, but I thought I saw a statement by Intel somewhere that said the Matrix driver would interfere with TRIM and non-RAID drives. I should have saved it for myself. Again, I really don't know and was wondering about this, but you're probably right.

I also saw somewhere that RAID 0 TRIM needed the SSD to support UDMA 6 or better, ever hear of that one?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information