Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cd's not found on raid mobo

Just built a box with a Soyo dragon + 1900xp, 2 hd's 1cdrw 1 dvd. When I boot it takes a long time looking for the ide's then boots. It doesn't find the cd's. I switched the jumper on the mobo to enable 4 ide's but nothing. When I installed xp I had the cdrw in the ide 2 spot and it worked fine. I got the newest driver from soyo and it says hit f6 then s nothing. Did they mean before I put the jumper on ide? Is there a big gain using 4 ide's over the master slave setup? XP is also taking a long time to boot. Sorry for all the question just want to get this puppy going. :cry:
    Any hekp would be appreciated Ed
    What about the jumpers on the hd's and cd's all master?

Beefy Guest

Before I start spouting useless info at ya, which drives have you got on which controller?

Ie:

Normal IDE ports- 2 HDDs

RAID IDE ports - 2 CD drives...

???

I have the 40 gig 7200 on ide 1, the 30 gig 5400 on ide 2, the dvd on ide 3 (raid ) and the cdrw on ide 4 (raid) I hope this helps.
    thanx Ed
    what are the hd and cd jumpers set to? All master if I use ide 1, 2, 3, 4?

You might find that cdrom devices wont function on the raid ports.
    Try putting your hdds on the raid ports, and your cdroms on the standard ide ones. See how you go with that.

BZ, I" try it and see what happens. thanx. Ed

Well those drives should work provided you have the jumper set to standard IDE operation (see page 43 of your manual with another reference on page 51) and also make sure that the controller is enabled in ya BIOS and that both drives are set as master as well and all should work fine. ;)
    <center> </center>

if its a Highpoitn raid controller it should be right,
    if its promise,
    put the hdds on the raid and the cds on the ide channels

you should do that anyway cos ur hdds will be the ones with the performance increase on the raid controller, not ur cd/dvd
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Do I set the cd's and the hd's to master? In the bios are all the devices set to scsi? Both my hd's show up now but nothing on ide 3 & 4. (dvd cdrw) I am going to switch them but the last time all I got was 2 cd devices.I checked the jumper and the bios to make sure the controller was enabled. I want 4 ide's. Is there a gain in speed over the master slave setup? Thanx Ed :beer
    promise controller

If ya runnin' 1 of each then set them all to masters. ;)

RTFM, it sounds like you haven't got the raid setup right yet

there may be an advantage of using you raid ports as IDE3/4
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information