Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Loosing all data

After I have installed a Promise Ultra133 Tx2 adapter and connected my second 80 GB disk I am getting the following error: "Delayed write failed on E:\$MFT". After that my D: drive shows no data (means it is listed in MS-explorer, but when you cklick on it, no filesystem is found). As I found out, all data is still there, but has to be recovered with a prog.
    What worries me is, will that ever happen to my main-drive? And what can be done to prevent those errors.

I dont know, if it has something to do with the errorcondition, but everytime this error occurres, my ADSL connection disconnected right before.

My present configuration can be found at:
    http://www.mfu-wien.com/Temp/Gandalf_cfg.htm

If somebody needs the system-events-list in order to help, I can provide it.

Best regards
    Almo

did you change the drive from operating at ata100 on one chipset to ata133 on this new controller?

it might be that the minor timing differences between speeds/controllers has caused the drive to corrupt itself at certain points, maybe try using the drive in its old setup and see if the issue still exists..
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Thread Information