Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: HDD & CMOS checksum error

I've just bought and installed a new hard drive, Seagate Barraccuda and set it up as slave, everything seemed to be going fine my computer detects the new drive fine, and i can use it....but when i start up, just after the drives are detected and message appears "CMOS checksum error-defaults loaded" and the date and time is not kept... i know this usually happens when the battery is dead, but it can't be it must be something to do with the new drive. I've had the same problem before on this computer, that time it turned out to be some dodgy RAM, which when removed the error went away. There can't be something wrong with the drive tho, its new and it works fine. I'm using Windows XP pro... im more info is needed just ask, plz someone help...thanks

This usually happens when the jumpers on the hard drives arn't correct so just give them all another check (eg, 1st drive/ master with slave present). ;)

Thread Information