Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: SATA converters

Here is an interesting question...since SATA is compatible with Parallel ATA (via those little converters), is it possible to get those converters and hook them up to a CDRW/DVD-ROM, etc.?

18 views and still nobody that has an answer on the topic?! Come on guys...help a man out...:cheers:

I'm sure that if anyone knew, they'ed post. I checked a few places and saw no ref to optical drives.

That's it, all references I could find are to hard drives only.

Sorry for the impatience guys...I appreciate the effort anyway:smokin:

I may be way off base, but isn't the SATA standard supposed to be compatable with all IDE devices:?:

But the only reason to do such a thing as put a Rockethead on a CD-ROM is purely cosmetic, as there could be little to be gained in performance. I wouldn't think any gain at all.

About the most expensive cable-rounding project in history!
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

See Mr.C...that's what I was thinking...that it was designed to handle all IDE devices...but I was curious if anyone knew for sure. I am planning on putting my next computer into a full tower case, and to utilize the top bays would put a normal IDE device cable well beyond the 18in. max. suggested length. That same device, with the SATA converter, if it would work, would have a 3ft max cable length, so I figured I'd be perfectly alright. (Plus, it would let me run a RAID 0+1 array of Special Edition Western Digitals on my parallel ATA ports)

there are 24in cables that you could use. Just make sure they are 80 wire ones

Thread Information