Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Space needed.

Western Digital 7200rpm 80gb 8Mb cache
    My question, can I toss one of those fine ass hdd's in my current Amd rig without experince lack of power from my psu?
    Specs:

XP2400+
    Volcano 7+
    MSI Nforce2
    2x256 Mb Kingston pc-2100
    GF4 Ti4200 128 Mb
    Seagate 40 gb 7200rpm 2 Mb cache
    CDRW drive
    1x80mm system cooler
    usb mouse

I am powering this with a Aopen 300W psu since a couple of days back and it's running fine. I just don't feel like ordering a nice new hdd just to notice instability by the lack of power, so how big is the possibility that I need to buy me a more powerful psu..:?:

:cheers:

got 4 of those babies in my case.... used to run a 300w codegon with them...seemed to do just fine...no problems..though did recently upgrade due to diff reasons... dont know about the "expert" opinion though.. might wait and see what other peeps say..cuz this juz my xperiance
    AMD 3000+ / VOLCANO 7+ / GA-7VAXP Ultra / 1GB KINGSTON HYPERX PC3200 / 4 X 80GB WD [8MB CACHE EACH] / HERCULES DIGIFIRE 7.1 / HERCULES 9800Pro /

You'll probably be alright as you have a lightly loaded machine and the new drive will only draw another 20w. The Aopen psu is generally ok. If you were to have any problems, they would probably be at bootup when the drives spin up to speed.

My dad ran a 125 watt PSU (lol) w/ 700 Athalon slot (usees a !@#$ load of power) 3 optical drives and 1 HDD, along w/ normal system config. u should be just fine. But also u should know that power boxes only stay at there rated power for about 3 months(that what some dude at fry's told me atleast) and then they cut close to half. i dont think they cut to half, but it prob. is somewhat true
    <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

homeworld1031tx

Go back and tell "the dude at Fry's" that I said he's full of crap! How the hell could Antec offer me a 3yr warranty on my psu if it becomes a p.o.s. in three months? I think he's running a couple of volts light himself. I have heard some of the most idiotic statements from sales people at retail outlets.

Thread Information