Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Samsung HDD

Hi, I have a Samsung 40 gig hard drive in my new computer,
    the model number is SP4002H and according to the Samsung website, it truly is a 40 gig hard drive. The problem is that my computer only recognizes it as about 34 gig. Can anyone who has this hard drive tell me exactly how it should be jumpered.
    Right now there is one jumper that connects the Cable Select pins. Then there is another jumper that connects the top pin of the master with the top pin of the Slave. (maybe that second jumper doesn't really do anything). I went into the Samsung website and it talks about the bios being able to recognize over 32 gig etc, but I don't think that is my problem since it is a new Pentium 4 with a 2.4 gig processor. I also noticed on the diagrams that there are pins on the bottom of the hard drive that need to be set also. This hard drive is on its own cable to the motherboard. Can someone tell me exactly how the pins on the front should be jumpered, and also how the pins underneath shoud be jumpered, Many thanks

Hard drive manufacturers us a metric capacity (1000MB = 1 GB) instead of the proper (1024MB = 1GB) so don't be fooled by what they say.

Thread Information