Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SATA help!!!

Ok guys I have been putting together my sytem the last day and everything has been running smoothly except for one thing.

My Asus p4g8xdeluxe and Seagate Barricuda SATA HDD are not getting along together. In fact, my the HDD is not even being recognized by the BIOS of my motherboard. I checked the cables and all. Even swapped them out.

When I loaded the diskwizard from ASUS, it found my SATA and even formatted it for me! So what is up here?!

Chaos

Thanx for your help, but well, I already did that. I have the latest version, in fact. Oh, this is frustrating.:mad:

thats real odd, maybe try swapping with some elses SATA if possible. Maybe you should try re-flashing, they screw up sometimes ya know, or even go back to an earlier version of it if possible

Well, for one thing, living in a desolate area prohibits me from finding anyone with a SATA drive much less a good computer. Two, maybe I should try re-flashing. I will do it tomorrow I guess.

Chaos:flames:

I dont know much about SATA drives, this is about to my extent, but is it jumpered right, or do SATA's not have jumpers

Do ya have the SATA controller enabled (either by jumper or in the BIOS itself)? :?:

Has anyone seen a list of benchmarks comparing S-ATA wiith all our current HD's??? I am itching to get my hands on that data.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

uh yes look up the new Raptor 10,000 RPM harddrive by WD its SATA and it is 20% slower than the SCSI Cheeta15k.3 but its like 15% faster than the IBM dexstar (or however you spell it) and the dexstar is one of the fastest HDDs out there
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

I mean, I would like to see a benchmark with two identical drives, say 120 GB 8 meg cache drives.... and the only thing different about the drives is their connection type... IDE vs S-ATA and then have them hooked to identicle computers and run a HD-tach benchmark....

S-ATA is supposed to be Much more efficient...
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information