Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: help in raid array 0 stripe!!!!!

I have one 80 gb sata seagate and 80 gb ata133 maxtor. I put them on my p4s8x on raid array 0 stripe. And the problem is the maxtor has failed, so it affects the seagate.
    Does anyone know how can i recover all my data in both drive?
    they both have to be together, i think.
    Do i have to try to mirror them to another hard drive as raid array 1?
    Please help me out of this problem!!!
    I have my portfolio file in there. Thanks'!!!
    Intel Server Board SE7505VB2
    Dual xeon 3.06Ghz
    Nvidia quadro 4 750xgl
    DDR 2100 ECC Reg 4048mb
    Raid 5 Array 320 gb seagate sata
    Apple 23" HD CINEMA DISPLAY w/ Apple adc to dvi converter

It sounds like you're screwed. Describe the failure failure though. Another lesson on why backing up is important.

Correction!!!
    my Seagate 80 gb sata is the failure disk. After i put 160 gb harddrive and try to mirror from both seagate and maxtor one by one. The seagate couldn't complete copying its volume to the new 160 gb hardrive, but the Maxtor copied all the vol to the new hardrive.
    Now, I'm trying to check what inside the maxtor.
    It seems the DOS partitition has been split into 2 differrent hard drive. I hoped there are files i need.
    I used norton to fix the dos partitition. Norton is searching and trying to fix it. I will see the result.
    Any suggestion of recovering the partitition?
    Dual xeon 3.06Ghz
    Nvidia quadro 4 750xgl
    DDR 2100 ECC Reg 4048mb

he he he...
    this is a problem I've experienced more than once - if one drive goes in a Raid 0 stripe, you're screwed just as if you were running a single drive & it went **** up - some portion of half of you arrays contents are gone, and the other half is useless without it.
    Raid 0 significantly increases hard drive activity so the hard drives fail faster too - I always make sure I have air blowing over any RAIDed hard drives (in fact all hard drives for that matter)

if you were running a RAID 0+1 or 5 set up you would be able to rebuild your array if one one drive failed - but not with just RAID 0

ur screwed, thats why u do raid1 not raid 0, ur actualy lucky ur pc boots atall, just a sector of the disk went bad, not the whole thing, try undelet programs (easyrecovery pro is the best) i did lightformat and was able to recover 100% of the data, i hope u can too...

I am not screwed. All the data is recovered even the operating system still ok. Hahaha......
    in raid 0 array, if one of the hard fail (except u got virus or hard drive damage), the data is still inside the hard drive.
    in order to get everything straight, Just create a new array 0 with the pair.
    But do not reinstall a new os.
    when u create a new array 0, actually your hard drive is not formatted.
    Another way is copy all your hardrives (in the array) into a single hardrive that can hold all the data. then restructure your data.
    I bet those way above will work. i recover 2 incident with those two solutions.
    Ask me if you guys have same kind of problem.

Nothing Can't be solved, If taking the right action!!!!
    Dual xeon 3.06Ghz
    Nvidia quadro 4 750xgl
    DDR 2100 ECC Reg 4048mb

wow, ur inginutity is amazing,props on solving it!

that's just a broken stripe - not really a failed drive - if one drive had failed as I understood it, some portion of the data on that drive would be unrecoverable.....

- broken stripes happen quite a bit w/IDE RAID....especially if you OC:D

if one of your RAID'd drives failes (by fails, I mean a dead controller, mechanical failure, etc resulting in total drive death... I don't consider a bad sector or broken Stripe to be a 'failure'), your pretty much screwed... portions of the same file can be stored on both drives, and the stripe's not usable with only one of the two drives present

i've got 2 80gig's on a stripe, and if one of them ever dies, i'm f'd... but i try to keep backups of my important/irreplacable stuff
    386 DX40, 4mb 80ns EDO RAM, .5mb Trident VGA, 120mb 2200rpm JTS HDD, SoundBlaster ISA, Zoltrix 2400bps modem, 2x Creative CDROM (tray loading), Panasonic 3.5" FDD/5.25" FDD, Samsung 14" UVGA Monitor
    -----

/Z

Thread Information