Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Putting In 2 HDD & 2 Cd rom drives?

Good evening. Was wondering what was the best way to put In 2 HDD's, 1 dvd-rom & 1 cd-rw drive? Plus the jumper settings please, I get lost if there are more than 2 devices :confused: .

2. Default

well i would put the hardrives on the primary and whichever one you used/liked more would be master

and i would put the cd/dvd-roms on secondary andd same as the hardrives, whichever one you liked/used more would be master.
    GBRRICCI

imo CD-RW drive should be set as secondary master rather than as secondary slave.
    in all cases HD's will be on primary slot.
    about jumper settings...most prolly they are marked on your drives, otherwise visit your drive manufacturer's website and see it from there. read the manuals if you got any...:thumb:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Yes definately both HDD's on the primary IDE channel and the optical drives on the secondary with the burner as the master so it can control the channel properly while burning.

HDD for Primary OS - Primary Master
    2nd HDD - Primary Slave
    CDRW - Secondary Master
    DVD - Secondary Slave

each device should have the jumper config printed on them, but also available from the manufacture's web site
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

6. Default

most drives always have labels for the jumper somewhere near the....jumpers, hmmm jump.:bounce: :bounce2: anyway on all the drives with i worked on in my house there are always labels for the jumpers and i have the same config as posted above, except on mine i have on 100gig HD on prim mast and a LS120 floppy drive on prim slave
    GBRRICCI

Well then ya HDD will be takin' a performance hit due to it as the IDE channel will default to the speed of the slowest device.

8. Default

well, sucks to my mobo for only having 2 ide channels, would it help if i put one of my cd-roms with the hdd?
    GBRRICCI

Thanks dudes, got it all working now :thumb: .

Thread Information