Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Toughpower 1000w stopped working

Default Toughpower 1000w stopped working

Hello friends, I have a power supply Thermaltake Toughpower 1000w where it stopped working, disassembling, I noticed that a zenner diode on the main board called (ZD1A) as photo, was burned, I would like the help of friends to inform me the reference of this zenner diode to that I can substitute and bring this beautiful power supply to life !, I thank you!
    Photo 1 Shared album - jardel joel - Google Photos
    Photo 2 Shared album - jardel joel - Google Photos

Default Re: Toughpower 1000w stopped working

Hey folks, long time Thermaltake PSU owner here and I have a spanking new Toughpower 850W installed and it makes a significant amount of what I believe is fan noise. It works just fine, but even under no load (no video card, just booting to Windows) it makes a rather loud, deep, continuous clicking sound. If it were high pitched I would think the fan was maybe hitting the guard. Is this normal with higher wattage PSUs? I'd hate to RMA a brand new PSU. Lucky Patcher 9Apps VidMate
    Last edited by nadhiler; 10-31-2018 at 09:04 PM.

Default Re: Toughpower 1000w stopped working

Quote Originally Posted by jardeljs View Post
    Hello friends, I have a power supply Thermaltake Toughpower 1000w where it stopped working, disassembling, I noticed that a zenner diode on the main board called (ZD1A) as photo, was burned, I would like the help of friends to inform me the reference of this zenner diode to that I can substitute and bring this beautiful power supply to life !, I thank you!
    Photo 1 Shared album - jardel joel - Google Photos
    Photo 2 Shared album - jardel joel - Google Photos
    HI,
    Unfortunately, pictures that you uploaded are no longer available, but usually zener diodes have reference written on them like this one : zener diode wikipedia - Google Search
    But you can just search by picture on google otherwise you can take the old one with you to an electronics equipment store and he will tell you the reference if you are not planning to buy one online.

DigitalOceanSiteGroundiPage
    Last edited by celina27; 1 Week Ago at 03:44 AM.

Thread Information