Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB: 4MB Matrox Mystique

How much were you looking at letting it go for?

Beefy Guest

I'm hoping you'll make a bid.. I dunno how much I wanna let it go for. . I don't even know if I want to let it go.. :)

Hmmm..... I know what you mean. In their day, they were pretty much the leader in the consumer market. I still haven't decided which way to go yet. I'm thinking about a Dual Athlon XP 1800 system with a Pinnacle DC-10, should cost around $2500.

I stuff round a bit with 3D Studio Max, and convert all my DVD's to DivX with FlaskMPEG as well as my video editing, both which support SMP. I read at Tom's hardware that a dual CPU system is able to convert to DivX faster than real time, which is a hell of a lot better than the 8fps (approx one third of real time)I'm getting now!

What has this got to do with buying your card? Absolutley nothing! I have to find out a few things about the DC-10 before I decide. I'll let you know.:)

Beefy Guest

I'd recommend going for another card. Mainly because then you don't need to have the Mystique in your computer, and you can run a decent operating system, as Matrox don't make any RR software that supports recent OS's...

Best of luck to you.. Let me know how you go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information