Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $ value of a dell dimension 2400

Default $ value of a dell dimension 2400

How much is my pc worth now? I think it is worthless, is there anything other than the RAM and HDD's that I could make a few pennies from?
    My celeron is a 476 or whatever pin proc, my mobo has 4 pci slots, my monitor is a crt with a 15.4 " viewable area, my mobo has 2 ddr/400 slots and forbids oc. the overall sys makes me wanna do this
    "Death solves all problems; no man, no problem."
    -Joseph Stalin

Default Re: $ value of a dell dimension 2400

It would be Socket 478, and your best bet to get some money out of it would probably be to sell the CPU, RAM, HDD, VGA card, and CD-ROMs. Since the motherboard/PSU is a proprietary power system they would have to be sold together or you would just have to eat it. Either way, it's not worth a whole lot anyway.

I'd sell the whoe thing together. At least try, and if it won't sell part it out. The CRT is worth absolutely nothing, so don't even consider selling it. At best, you'll find someone who'll come pick it up and give you $30 or something.

There's also nothing wrong with the sound system, so keep that.

So with the CPU/RAM/HDDs/Optical drives/Case/Motherboard/Power Supply you're looking at $150-$220 shipped depending on the size and speed of the hard drives and the type of optical drive. With $10 ground shipping, you're not looking at a whole lot of profit. Granted, you can keep your magnetic and optical drives if they're modern, and sell the CPU/RAM/Case/Board/Power for about $120-$140. Throw another $300 or $400 in and you've got yourself a new, mid-range gaming computer.

4. Default Re: $ value of a dell dimension 2400

Well, I don't think you can turn a 2400 into a mid range computer. I have one myself. The simply do not have any places for expansion. No AGP, no Pci-e, the psu and mobo have a dell only pin system, and the list goes on.

The only thing I like on the whole computer is that the case is really easy to open up using the side panel.

To make mine a lot faster, I put in a really nice 1 gig Corsair ram kit.

My only suggestion would be to put a dvd burner in it and sell it as a whole. This would make it more capable and more appealing to most budget computer buyers.

I wasn't telling him to turn it into a mid-range computer. I was telling him to sell it and use the money to upgrade. I'm well aware of that particular model's painful lack of upgradability.

Quote Originally Posted by PorscheGuy997@yahoo.com
    Well, I don't think you can turn a 2400 into a mid range computer. I have one myself. The simply do not have any places for expansion. No AGP, no Pci-e, the psu and mobo have a dell only pin system, and the list goes on.

The only thing I like on the whole computer is that the case is really easy to open up using the side panel.

To make mine a lot faster, I put in a really nice 1 gig Corsair ram kit.

My only suggestion would be to put a dvd burner in it and sell it as a whole. This would make it more capable and more appealing to most budget computer buyers.
    I almost broke the other side off, I tried to get in the wrong way, lol I have a sony dvd+-rw at speds ofx16, it is nice. I will not keep the CRT though, I am gonna buy a 19' 8ms 1600x1200 though, thay are like 400 dolla.
    -Joseph Stalin

I would also like to thanks all of you for your replies, I think that when I sell it I will sell it in one piece for about 300$ Thank you thank you thank you!
    -Joseph Stalin

My secondary drive is a WD seagate at 7200rpm I dont remember the cache size though
    -Joseph Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by orangutang91
    I almost broke the other side off, I tried to get in the wrong way, lol I have a sony dvd+-rw at speds ofx16, it is nice. I will not keep the CRT though, I am gonna buy a 19' 8ms 1600x1200 though, thay are like 400 dolla.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824116282

More like $200-$250...

Thanks for the link, but I will buy one from my local comp shop couse I have to pay shipping since I live in Alaska, but maybe I will buy one online, it just feels impracticle buying a CRT online and paying 100 dalla for shipping you know. But I'm gonna buy a CRT, They are chep high res great colors and dark blacks, they are just so dang big.
    Last edited by orangutang91; 06-26-2006 at 08:44 AM.
    -Joseph Stalin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information