Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: AOpen CDRW

I needed a burner for my new duron machine and as I've come to like AOpens burners lately I decided to get one this time as well.

x52 x32 x52
    JustLink (just ordinary buffer under run protection)
    JustSpeed

This is a drive that should be considered by case modding people cause it's delivered with two extra fronts in black and silver to match most cases out there, well done AOpen.

$40 bucks bundeled with Nero Express.

Pics:

AOpen is a corporate partner of Acer. Run for your life! or just get a Lite-On
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Quote Originally Posted by zeradul
    AOpen is a corporate partner of Acer. Run for your life! or just get a Lite-On
    Honestly, how often is it that newer optical drives brakes down without help from a human hand..?
    I've only heard about one case and ironically that was a Lite-On..

Well, a friend had a nasty habit of purchasing whatever was cheapest, and 2 failed samsung 48X's and 2 failed (out of 3) 52 X Acers later he now buys Lite-On. And they're like 2 dollars more....

But I agree, now that CD drives are so damn cheap you can afford to go through one a year, it doesn't really matter... plus you'll be getting a DVD burner any moment, and it will burn CD's...
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

i work for a retail partner of acer and i have seen so many of there drives go through its not funny..

i own a liteon and given the choice i would pay $10.00 more for the liteon, too know its gonna stay good
    "make something idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot...."

Help solve the gene mystery join us at the TweakTown Folding@home Team

A pub - ahh yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence, by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks. - taken from red dwarf

I used to own a really old Acer computer and it sucked. It was from like 95

Thread Information