Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Upgrading and repairing PCs 13 edition

Upgrading and repairing PCs 13th edition is probably the best book about computer hardware that i have ever seen. its nearly 1500 pages long and its about the size of a large dictionary. Its written my a fella called Scott Mueller who seems to know what he is talking about but his sence of humour is not really 'humour' the book begins with the history of the computer and form there on its like a giant encyclopedia that has info on very CPU produced and info on motherboards and anything else you could find on a computer. It has pinouts of chipshow everything works and operates and it has a complete guide on how to build your own computer. My favourite part of this book would have to be the CD in the back that has a lot of videos made by Scott about chips and a video tutorials on how to build a computer altogether the video footage goes for an hour and a half. The CD also contains a database on the settings for every hard-drive manufactured. It contains 5 previous full versions of the book on this disc which is helpfull becasue they have a wealth of infomation about older computers.
    This book may seem expensive for $110 but is well worth it for the Novice or the experianced computer user.

I would probably say it's good for the novice and intermediate users - not so much the advanced ones.

When I started college in 1999, it was referred to as the "Bible" - and the main source for information. I used and respected URP for a few years, until my needs outstripped what the book could provide.

I agree that the price tag of A$110 is money well spent, but I have been able to find it in many QBD stores in Brisbane for $79 or $89. Have a look around and see if you can find it at a cheaper price :thumb:

Thread Information