Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Lite-On 40x12x48

Well I ordered this for my new computer. You can find them for a pretty good price. I got mine for only $59 including shipping. It comes with Nero but it can only use this particular burner. Very nice, runs fast, looks pretty good.

Highly recommended for a CD-Writer :thumb:
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

Lite-On drives are awesome. They perform on par, if not better than the competition and are significantly cheaper. I recommend them too.
    Asher Moses

Ya Lite-on I have read some great reviews on them. They are actually almost plextor equivelents for a much cheaper price.

I've got the 32x model goin' atm and that can burn a backup game CD in around 2.5-3 mins (Nero Disk Copy), on the fly straight from the LiteOn DVD (PS1 disks, and other protected formats, inside 5mins using CloneCD). :thumb:

Can't wait to try my 48x one though in my new setup. :D
    <center>:cheers:</center>

hehe, there arent to many cd-r/cd-rw's that support 48x tho :(
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

There's a good supply close at hand. ;)

I got myself a new TDK Cyclone 48x24x48 for just about $65. Is that a good buy or what. BTW, some IOMEGA's CDRW are made by Lite-On and some by Plextor. You have to pay little bit more for Plextor though.
    Intel Pentium Core2Duo E6750 2.33.00GHz | BIOSTAR TP35D2-A7 P35 | XPertVision GeForce 8600GTS 256MB DDR| Seagate Cheetah 37GB SCSI 10000RPM | Hitachi 320GB SATA | Seagate Tape Drive STT20000A | PATRIOT 4GB 800DDR2 | LG DVD16XReWriter | Motorola SURFboard CableModem | PanaScope SP900 | Intel PRO/1000 CT Network | CoolerMaster | Enermax | WinXP PRO SP2

"I once tried sniffing coke, but the ice cube got stuck in my nose"

If you have the Cyclone branded one, then you have the European model. The same drives are called veloCD in the States. I couldn't say why, though. I do agree, however, that it is a good drive and the price is right. Mine ended up being US$79, but that was when they first hit the streets. It screams, though. :D
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I have the Lite-On 40X12X48 and I have burned over 100 cd's with no coasters made. I even can burn at 40x on 32x rated CD-R's. This drive is just plain fast and very reliable.
    <h6><font color=black>P4 2.53Mhz cooled by <a href="http://www.thermaltake.com/products/orbs/dragon478s.htm" target="_blank"><font color=green>TT P4 Dragon HSF</font></a>
    Asus P4PE 533Mhz fsb board w/<font color=red>Tt</font color> Tiger Orb chipset HSF
    Samsung 512MB PC2700 DDR333 Cas 2.5
    WD 40GB 7200rpm HDD
    Seagate 40GB 7200rpm HDD
    VisionTek G4 Ti4600 w/<font color=red>Tt</font color> G4 Copper VGA HSF & RAMsinks
    Using nVidia 42.68 Dets w/DX 9
    Samsung 16x DVD
    Lite-On 40X12X48 CD-RW
    Creative SB Live 5.1 X-Gamer
    Creative Inspire 5.1 Speakers
    <font color=red>Tt</font color> 420 watt PSU w/dual fans
    Viewsonic G810 21" CRT
    WinXP Pro Corp w/SP-1

Thread Information