Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LiteOn 52x24x52 CD-RW

Just finished reading the TweakTown Review of the above mentioned drive at:

http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...Id=412&dPage=1

I received this drive as a Christmas gift, (although the box said it was a BusLink drive, it is identified by Nero and Win XP as a LiteOn. This drive just absolutely rocks!!! My previous drive, which worked perfectly, was a Phillips 8x4x40x CD-RW, and that worked good, but this drive is does not even compare to the LiteOn drive.

I was able to burn just over 500 MB of data in under 2 minutes using media that would only accept 48x write speed. It was able to copy a music CD with 60 minutes of music using the drive to write an image to the HD first then burn the image to the 48x media in just under 5 1/2 minutes.

This is just AWESOME if you ask me. Also, my wife found it to be the same price as the 48x burner, so it was a no-brainer as which one to choose from.

I highly recommend this drive. I have burned several CD's with it so far, even used my 12x40x DVD drive to copy from although the Smart-Burn had ti kick in several times as indicated by the light on the front of the drive, it was faster to burn an image to the HD first. No coasters yet!

I'm glad that someone else has found out just how good these inexpensive CDRW's are. :thumb:

Oh I moved the thread here as this is the spot for it.
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I don't mind my drive either... :)
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Anything inexpensive is the best these days. Just like DVD players, the ones that cost you a arm don't even play nearly as much formats as the cheaper ones. And both are same quality.

Yea, I just got one for 42$ retail.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Bah, I got a MEmorex 52X24X52 last Christmas for $20. I can copy a 700mb disk in just under 2 minutes! It also stretches an extra meg or two when its needed. It was paired with Nero as well. Ive burnt nearly 100cd's and havent had a botched one yet.

I am a loyal lite-on fan myself. They have always been the best!
    Plus I haven't broken one yet. Which is suprising since I have gone through some other comparible models.
    Glad to hear you like it.
    Currently on my newest system I got the combo, dvd. It works like a charm, and they always hand over some nice software with it. Like nero, ect.

Chez
    SFlower/Kingwin TT-201AB-W 3 window 12 bay Black/Gold ~
    Antec 480Blue modded+UV blue sleeved-hshrink from Pc-perfomance
    A7V8X Deluxe Rev. 2.0 - 2500+ Barton ~ Aero 7+ OR TT 11 Xaser w/ TT fan tube
    MSI Ti4200-VTD8X 8X AGP w/Zalman h-pipe cooler ~ Geil 2 x 512 Cas 2.5 6-3-3-2t w/Blue HS
    WD120JB 7200 8mg Cache ~ Maxtor Quantum Fireball 60GB
    Lite-on 48x24x48x16x CDRW-DVD Black ~ Aopen 56x Cdrom Black
    Enermax 3.5" Fan controller A3FATR2 ~ Round UV Blue cables/Silver braid
    2x12” UV/Blacklight CC Sound/on-off/PCI switch ~ 2x12” Thtake Blue CC Sound/on-off/PCI sw
    ALL wires UV Blue sleeved + Hshrink - Cornea CT 1904 19" LCD BLk/Slvr ~ Microsoft™ Windows XP Pro

Knowledge is POWER

Even after 2.5yrs my 32x12x40x is still goin' strong. ;)

But then in combo with the LiteOn 16x DVD still does great "on the fly" backups even with SETI@home runnin' in the back ground. :thumb:

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    But then in combo with the LiteOn 16x DVD still does great "on the fly" backups even with SETI@home runnin' in the back ground. :thumb:
    I made my backups yesterday with SETI, Winamp, and Mozilla going without a problem

I recently purchased a Lite-On 52x24x52 CD/RW and absolutely love it to pieces, a much higher step up from my old 10x4x32 Diamond Data (icky).

Also BenQ make really decent CDs, they are the ones textured like old vinyl records, every single on in a pack of 50 worked when burnt at 52x
    Intel P4 2.6GHz C, Asus P4C800 Deluxe Mobo, 512Mb Kingston DDR 400MHz, Geforce 4 128Mb MSI Ti4200 w/MyVivo, 80 Gb Western Digital 8Mb Cache HDD, 20 Gb Quantum Fireball 5400Rpm HDD (ew) 16 x Lite-On DVD Rom, 52 x 24 x 52 CDR/W + Black Face Plates in a sexy black case and LCD Temperature Guage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information