Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Creative 6.1 Sound System

Figured it was time to park the four desk top speakers and disconnect the 300 watt JVC system that I was using for sub and center and put a real sound system in place. I settled for Creative's 6600 6.1 .... six little speakers and a sub ... 120 watts total "system power" but it sure do sound like a whole lot more.

http://www.americas.creative.com/pro...maincategory=3

WOW what a difference! Clear, clean music and great EAX game play. I thought that I had solid booming bass with the overgrown JVC gettoblaster but this thing is amazing in comparison. My neigbours are gonna hate me!

Took awhile to route the wiring for the back three speakers. I built a set of small shelves to attach to the walls about 12 feet behind me and hung the rear center upside down from the ceiling. My kids tell me that Dr.Hook and ABBA are not appropriate CDs for testing such things but what do they know? .... guess I might let em try out M.C Mario and Dr.Dre someday when I'm not home....
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

What sound card are you running ??? Do u recon 5.1 5100 will do the same job ??? Because I wanna buy that ??

Cheers:spam:
    .oOo.:VOlcOm:.oOo.

I'm using an Audigy MP3 sound card (not a 6.1 card but the speakers allow me to mix the two rear so as to get a third center rear thing happening .... it works).

As for the Creative 5100 .... I dunno, never tried it. Looks to be about the same thing as what I have with one speaker removed and less wattage. Prolly sounds great but you may not be able to properly fill a bigger area with sound quite as well. Just guessing here but it's prolly very good for a personal type system. (I'm using mine as a personal system as well as using T.V. out and watching movies etc. with the kids from the couch).

Was looking at the Altec Lansing 5100 system but just couldn't see myself spending the extra $100.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Yeah so I need a new sound card which supports 5.1 ok

Iam curenty using my stereo which has two inputs and my sub computer which has twho uotputs for my 2 litle speakers but I hoked up me stereo Panasonic 25 Srm or somthing like that and now i got two volumes and it goes really laud I think if I get the 5100 it will sound better I hope so !!! but i need a new sound card as well because my is build in !!!
    .oOo.:VOlcOm:.oOo.

You probably would be better off going for the Logitech Z640.

There $67 plus there is a $20 off rebate till the end of a march on the logitech website. And a bunch of reviews said they were better then the 5200.

Thread Information