Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: R360

hope it's everything you want it to be :wave:

check out my omfg post in amd chipsets or gaming(a boo boo)....for the first benchmarks of the entry level hammer chip.............:thumb:

:thumb: well said weta:thumb:
    Ok M$ should have Windows XP 64 ready in Q1 2004, but what about all the other software that goes with it? I know the Athlon64 supports 32bit as well, but what's the point of having a 64 bit PC running 32 bit software. I'd rather wait, let everyone get everything right, then I'll jump on board. By then it will be goodbye BIOS, Athlon 64 "Dual Channel", PCI-Express, PCI-X, SATA2, DDR2, Longhorn should also be ready and of course an NV50 1500MHz GDDR3 512MB PCI-Express graphics card to finish it off.
    i dont think that 64bit will do anything for the pc industry, except cad there "ALL ABOUT IT!" but for games and whatnot 64 bits is onloy gona slow **** down, they need to re-write all new engines and hardware industry needs to go 64bit also, i thik amd and mac are going out on a limb because ppl barly use there 32bit systems to the max (well, maybe most of the ppl on this forum might, but ppl in general) even hardcaore games dont, hell i can play basicly any new game on my p3 1ghz with my ti4200 just fine, except doom3 & HL2, there gona own my system...lol! also i think think ur on a far strech with that sata2 thing also, weta, whats the point?! 99% of drives dont even use a dma/ata66 bus!! except that raptor, but u could slap a ata100/133bus on that puppy and it wouldnt slow down 1 tad, well maybe a tad, but thatd cuz of sata/ata conversion. also whats this about win64bit just now comming out??? i instealled a 64bit RTM on itanium2 boxes for a certin classified client i worked for.... did i insteal a beta OS??? it had all the "official" documentation from M$ i also worked with a 64bit version of win2k advanced datacenter server, very rare and i know that was a beta copy. hell i saw winxp64bit floating around IRC since x-mas.
    2.4 p4c @3.06 1020mhz fsb
    ASUS P4C800Delux
    CORSAIR ddr500 XMS (3-4-4-8)
    maxtor 120gb w/8meg cache (raid0)
    2x WD Raptors (Raid0)
    2x120Gb Maxtor's
    Ti4200 363/667 mhz
    Water-cooled Koolance case

ZEROKOOL: Serial ATA II development started in Feb last year and is well under way now. So it should be ready sometime during 2004/2005.

30/50% boost in games.......that's all for an entry level chip

JSR: The benchmarks you posted earlier are very impressive, but I'll reserve my final decision until I've seen how it performs normal everyday computing tasks.

i hate the nvidia and ati competition. its just putting me further and further behind with my 9600. its so much to keep up with. im kinda partial to thinking 9800 is god. i dont want to have to start worshiping something else. and if ati keeps putting out more cards theyre gonna eventually have to call one the radeon 10,000 which isnt nearly as cool sounding as radeon 9800. it all comes down to just making me feel more like a loser when they keep coming out with new cards that cost half a grand each and i gotta sit here and wonder if id be better off witn an nvidia card and it all just leads to high blood pressure.....:o :o
    ASUS P4S800 motherboard
    P4 2.4ghz 800mhz fsb HT @ 2.84
    geiL 512 PC3200 RAM
    80GB 7200RPM HDD
    PowerColor Radeon 9600XT
    Sound Blaster Audigy 2
    Creative Inspire 6.1 6600 speakers
    Dell Sony P1110 21'' monitor

Man, I stopped paying attention to the upgrades, its all bull****; I'm waiting for one fo them to go belly up and for a monopoly to start, then it'd get even worse. Computers are just upgrading too fast, and, as said before in this thread, it'd cost fortune to keep up (I think that was you weta :?: ). For instance, my system isnt really up there performance wise, I get like 9000 marks on 3dMark2001SE. However, I really like playing UT2003, so that's the only game I have installed, and I tweaked my system to play it really well. I havent bought another game since, its not worth it, and I dont have a $1,000 to build a P4 2.8ghz 800FSB w/ 1gig of RAM and a MSI neo2 mobo. And even if I did, what the hell is the point, with 64 bit tech, I couldnt run new games in 6 months anyways. So, we either gotta wait till the market takes a little lull and buy like hell then (weta, you have a great idea there, cheers mate :cheers:), or just ist here and be pissed off that we arent fast and obsess about it. Iuno, it's turned into a rat race in a sense. Damn, I missed the days when softare sucked so bad that any comp could play it, remember rogue spear? Ah well, I needed to rant there, sry, lol, but I feel better :thumb: . Time to get back on topic tho :rolleyes2 , : peace2: Mista K6
    Modified Dell 8200 Case:
    -400MHz FSB i850 Intel mobo
    -P4 Williamette Socket 478, 1.9GHz
    -768MB 16-bit PC800 RDRAM
    -MSI GF4 Ti4200 128MB @ 284/581
    -7200 RPM Maxtors: 60GB (2MB) on mobo and 160GB (8MB) on ATA/133 PCI Card
    -Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 Speaker System on an Audigy 2
    -Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Rock on : peace2: , MiStA K6

what it costs, to keep up, but technology marches on

for me, it's best to stay 1-3 years (depending on the part) behind the bleeding edge ...parts are much more reasonably priced by then and revisions have been released so the later products are cheaper and better than the origianals that ppl were so fanatical about getting. Also by then, it's pretty clear which parts were the best (for that generation anyway). IMHO it's too much of a gamble, and way too much money, to try to keep your hardware up to the bleeding edge. It's much cheaper just to learn about it as it comes along and be happy with what you've got.

software is a differnt story all together, but I'll save that for another thread :devil:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread Information