Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NVIDIA GeForce FX is the graphics processor of choice at E3

Sounds like someone want's to become TT's 2nd permanent n00b. :D

But there are quite a few articles around on the web about AMD's PR ratin' and AMD had the best (but sadly no longer can it be found) but higher FSB's and the larger L2 cache has thrown a spanner into the works (really the latest XP3200+ Barton is no better than the paper release XP2800+ T'bred).

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Steve(MrScruff)
    Me also thinks beefy you found that on google in ten seconds cause you know what to look for - me however would not and be lost under piles of crap and would be doin this
    All I entered was "Performance Rating" AMD.....

And Wiggo is right. There's no clear cut solution to figuring out the rating now that the Bartons have come out.

Okay so if a friend asked me which is better pentium or amd, i would say it depends on your requirments - but what are the advantages and disadvantages of each one? What type of system would they work most effeciently in? :)

ta ta

AMD accells in office apps and is more stable. P4 is generally (not all the time) better for games
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by t00lb0x
    AMD accells in office apps and is more stable. P4 is generally (not all the time) better for games
    Why is the Athlon more stable? How does it excel in office apps? More to the point, if this is going to become a CPU conversation, start a new thread elsewhere.

Ok...jesus Beefy CTFD. What do you think will be the # ATI and NVIDIA end up by the end of the year? Like nVIDIA FX 7890U or whatever
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

I would rather see someone get a r9700p than some obsolete piece like a gf2 or r7000 or something else as bad. I even know i guy that downgraded(by 50%)to a r7000 without knowing better.

Myself, i am quite happy with what i got, and i researched it fully before buying. I think $209 cdn was a good choice and vivo is what made the price higher($189no vivo). My next choice would have been ti4200 but the 64mb(no vivo) for $289 was too much$ not enough card. The worst choice would have been mx440 64mb vivo for $175 but thats just a gf2 on steroids. Just as obsolete as far as features go. And I'm not made of money as u can tell by my profile. Remember $1us =$1.50cdn
    athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
    tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
    asus a7n8xe-dlx
    thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
    bfg 6800gt
    seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
    samsung dvdrw
    2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
    logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
    2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
    creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
    mushkin 550w