Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NVIDIA GeForce FX is the graphics processor of choice at E3

SINGAPORE — MAY 14, 2003 — NVIDIA Corporation, the worldwide leader in visual processing solutions, announced today that the newly unveiled GeForce™ FX 5900 series of graphics processing units (GPUs) is the overwhelming platform of choice for game publishers and developers showcasing the hottest PC games at this week’s Electronic Entertainment Expo.

More than 600 desktop and notebook PCs in 32 booths throughout the exhibition halls will be powered by NVIDIA GeForce FX GPUs, demonstrating next-generation games such as Tron 2.0, Pirates of the Caribbean, Homeworld 2, Enter the Matrix, Deus Ex: The Invisible War, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Oblivion Lost.

NVIDIA also announced that many of the hottest new PC games introduced at E3 will carry the “NVIDIA: The way it’s meant to be played” (TWIMTBP) seal, joining a growing catalogue of titles that are optimised for play on desktop and notebook PCs powered by NVIDIA® graphics hardware.
    “The performance, compatibility and reliability of NVIDIA GPUs make them the choice of PC gamers worldwide,” said Dan Vivoli, executive vice president of marketing at NVIDIA. “By combining leading-edge hardware with software from our ‘The way it’s meant to be played’ program, we’re able to take the guess-work out of PC software compatibility for a better out-of-box experience. The consumer benefits by experiencing these games exactly as they were meant to be played.”

“The graphic capabilities and the technologies that have emerged over the last few years have enabled us to build much larger worlds, and inhabit those worlds with a lot more characters, while still maintaining performance frame rates that gamers have come to expect,” added Ken Balthasar, producer for Battlefield 1942 at Electronic Arts. “NVIDIA GPUs are crucial to experiencing Battlefield 1942 the way it’s meant to be played.”

Introduced in 2002, TWIMTBP has garnered support from the world’s top PC game publishers and developers working with NVIDIA hardware to design, test and deploy their games. Many TWIMTBP games have become best-selling, award-winning titles and the program is supported by leading game publishers including: Activision, Atari, BioWare, CDV Games, Disney Interactive, Electronic Arts, Eidos Interactive, NC Soft, Novalogic, LucasArts, Microsoft Game Studios, Square Enix, Ubi Soft, and more.

Scott Valencia, executive director at CompUSA’s GameFixx commented: “With TWIMTBP, NVIDIA is doing a great job of making a console-like platform connection for PC games. For retailers like CompUSA, this is a great program as we know that games carrying the NVIDIA logo are being played on NVIDIA hardware, provide the best experience, and are less likely to be returned — and that’s great for everyone.”

Epic Games Vice President Mark Rein concluded: “NVIDIA-powered PCs deliver the ultimate expandable high-end gaming platform. Technology moves forward all the time and the great thing about PC gaming is that you can have an upgradeable game system that allows you to experience the latest and greatest games at their full potential. NVIDIA has done a great job keeping their drivers and GPUs compatible from version to version and that means gamers can easily upgrade their systems to new NVIDIA GPUs to keep up with the latest technology.”

For additional details about NVIDIA at E3 log on to www.nvidia.com.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Well the FX5900 seems like a winner, according to [H]ar|d|OCP they FX can get 50+ FPS in Doom]|[ with AA4x/AF8x which is pretty impressive
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

:wow:

Well I wonder if it can kill ati's 9800 pro.. I hope cause Nvidia need this..

:cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    :wow:

Well I wonder if it can kill ati's 9800 pro.. I hope cause Nvidia need this..

Benchmarks show its performing better in most, if not all, tests.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

:flames:

FX 5900 Ultra is a nice card, bout time too, its been a bad run of cards for Nvidia, hope they keep it up. Competition is good for us consumers. It does beat 9800 Pro in most benchmarks, i wouldnt take the Doom III benchmarks seriously, as it runs in the mode Nvidia prefers, and Nvidia has had access to the game development. Wait a few months for the full game to come out, and when ATi have released proper drivers to support it. ID isnt gonna bar off ATI users, they make up a large proportion and it would be stupid to ignore them, as much as Nvidia wants to use its marketing power.

:woot:

This may sounds really stupid to all you techies but there is one problem with the card - its name. Im sorry but the same goes for ATI. Having daft name like radoen or FX 5600 and means those of us who aren't specked up will not so sure what to buy. I will be alright i can just ask tweaktown :) but say my kid brother (if i had one) wouldn't know what the hell the difference is - he would know that in most cases a geforce 4 is better than a geforce 3 but then he might be caught out with ti and mx versions :( They could do with creating a standard name like pentium and its 1234 lol. What do you reckon?

ta ta

Yiha I knew they could do it.. Nvidia is once again the way to go then when building a supercomputer designed for gaming..

The new FX and 9700+ cards should not be handled by people who don't know what is what (no offense) they are worth TOO much money just to play Roller Coaster Tycoon 2...It pisses me off how some people get like the newest $600 card and dont even game or install it themselves! WTF!
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

Beefy Guest

Also, people who don't know the full story about something should not always be first in line to dispense advice... :rolleyes2

Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    Yiha I knew they could do it.. Nvidia is once again the way to go then when building a supercomputer designed for gaming..

When building a money is no object supergamer that is.. :devil win

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information