Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NVIDIA cheats on benchmarks?

what sucks is my pal (and i) couldn't play metal gear solid 2 'cos it doesn't support ati drivers. i dunno when we'll be able to play it right, whether there is or will be a patch for fixing this or not???
    this is why i call this an unfair competition. if we had an nvidia card, we wouldn't be bothered at all.
    :thumbs do
    Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop
    p4 1.7GHz, 1GB DDR-Ram, 40GB hdd, DVD-ROM+External DVD-+RW, connected to a BenQ 17"LCD Display (own LCD display went nuts)

As I promised...
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Well certainly sounds like 3D mark has a major flaw - but what do we use to benchmark our PCs then?! I think it still should be alright to use for doing that. Shame ExtremePcs is "angry" at not getting the doom 3 demo - however that was just two opinions maybe a third non biased article is needed! lol (extreme pcs didn't get doom 3 and HArdOCP did so maybe there is some rivalary?!) What do you reckon?

I defiantly think testing it out on games is much better, shame futuremark may go down the drain if the above opinion spreads. Maybe we should mail it to them to see what they say!

ta ta

Quote Originally Posted by ufuk21p
    what sucks is my pal (and i) couldn't play metal gear solid 2 'cos it doesn't support ati drivers. i dunno when we'll be able to play it right, whether there is or will be a patch for fixing this or not???
    this is why i call this an unfair competition. if we had an nvidia card, we wouldn't be bothered at all.
    :thumbs do
    Then why don't ya do yourself a favour and buy a nvidia chip instead..:?:

haha no don't be mad I'm just playing with ya..

:cheers:

I actually agree with nVidia ! Whoa...
    I never benchmark my system, because IMOA, I believe it's how good a game looks and how smooth a game looks. That's what really counts, not some number which maybe be a little higher or lower than your friend's. :2cents:
    SPAM Special Ops

This is true but sometimes its hard to know what difference new hardware makes - at least if you benchmark it you can be confident that it has made a difference even if its just a little one.

ta ta

I understand your point.
    In my case, I only upgrade when I start to have problems with a game that I play...Case in point: BF1942 has stupid lines on the screen with my R7500, so I'll (probably) be getting an R9700Pro soon (great for the $). When DOOM3 is released, I might have to upgrade my vid card again. :2cents:
    SPAM Special Ops

Yeah i think im going to have to upgrade my comp to.....or have it on really ultimate limited graphics :) Im thinking of upgrading my computer over the summer so i can save. I have am at uni and have nooo money - i even don't have a mouse mat :cry: lol

What other types of benchmark software is there out there?

ta ta

i agree with all the remarks on benchmarks being not so accurate...
    all that matters is gameplay, but as many of u mentioned, they can help to show the differences other devices make, like cpu, mainboard and ram, which i think is quite useful.
    :thumb:
    btw the article on extremetech was very interesting, does tweaktown have that other version of 3dmark? so we can have a non-biased viewpoint. :cheers:
    Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop
    p4 1.7GHz, 1GB DDR-Ram, 40GB hdd, DVD-ROM+External DVD-+RW, connected to a BenQ 17"LCD Display (own LCD display went nuts)

I like to use UT2k3 as a benchmark. You don't have TOO much control over but it runs the game and actually uses the real game enguine and marks by that...there are also other benchmarking tools outside 3dmark
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information