Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3DMark03 and NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro

I ran the 3dMark03 test on my NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro with a AMD 1.1GHz processor:

1st: Hardware does not support cube textures. 3DMark03 will not run properly.

2nd: Hardware dows not support compressed Textures (DXT1 and DXT3). 3DMark03 will not run properly.

3rd: Your system cannot run any game test of 3DMark03.
    Please install and run 3DMark2001 for more comprehensive benchmarking.

Is the NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro rallly that obsolete ? Or do I have to intstall some newer drivers (just updated from Microsoft update page).

If the video card is obsolete plz recomend a new one for $200-$300. Or if it's the drivers or some other software problem let me know how to up date it.

If this problem is listed somewhere else on the froum plz tell me where, I have searched and looked all over so plz don't flame me for asking.
    I will include the report that 3DMark03 gave me
    :idea:

tnt 2 obsolete???? LOL. yea about 5 years ago maybe. You want either radeon 9500 pro or radeon 9700 pro, as they are in the range. your card cant run 3d2003 because it dosent support direct x 9. it probably dosent support direct x 8 either. or 7.......
    -|Soyo Dragon kt400 - XP 1600+ - 1 GB pc2700 - radeon 9700pro- Amstel Light|-

-|Mystery Mobo - celeron 1.2 - 256 whatver sdram - geforce4mx440 - Coors Light|-

NVIDIA card are the shiat right now. ATI is making a name for themselves, but I would go with NVIDIA. The best deal for you is probably a Geforce 4 ti4600. It is an EXCELLENT card, for a very nice price :afro: . The TNT 2 is ancient lol, and I would go with the Geforce 4 ti series, or get a Geforce FX 5600 if you are in that mood :)

The 9500 from ATI is not a bad card, but I prefer NVIDIA. . . This will probably turn into an NVIDIA vs. ATI fight!

Go here for all your computer needs. Best prices, fast shipping, and good quality you can always expect from Newegg

Box:
    [Mobo] Asus A7N8X w/ Modified 1003 Uber BIOS w/ Custom Boot logo
    [CPU] Athlon XP 2200+ Thoroughbred
    [Memory] 512 Samsung PC3200 DDR400 w/ Copper Heatsink(s)
    [Video Card] Geforce 3 ti200 128 DDR Special Gold Edition

Cooling
    [Case] All aluminum Skyhawk case w/ custom cut blowhole
    [HSF] Volcano 11 Xaser Edition
    [Northbridge] ThermalTake Crystal Orb
    [Southbridge] Aluminum Northbridge heatsink attatched

Operating System:
    [OS] Windows XP Pro w/ SP1

Are you sick of poor quality 128k mp3's that sound inferior to regular CD's you buy in the store? Do you long for the exact sound of a CD with absolutly no quality loss, and at practically half the size of a normal CD? CD's get scratched all the time, and FLAC is great for archiving all those good copies of your classic rock, and backing them up to save forever. FLAC unlike mp3, or ogg vorbis is what is called a lossless format. This means that no quality whatsoever is lost from the origianl disk. Lossy formats such as ogg vorbis, wmv, and moreover mp3 are usually flat sounding, and full of hissing and dullness because they discard and literally throw out important information that controls how good the CD will sound. Using FLAC will ensure the crystal-clear clarity that you can expect from a freshly opened CD. Instead of flimsy CD cases that snap and CD's that scratch easily, and are inevitably summoned to a poor scratched up death; FLAC files can be stored in a tough metal box known as your Hard Disk. FLAC putting life back into digital audio. If you own legit copies of CD's and seek for them pre-FLAC'd for all your digital listening needs please shoot me a PM for more information.

All the Ti4000whatnot are pointless due to the lacking of DX 9 support. It would be like buying a regular car if gasoline became non existant.
    -|Soyo Dragon kt400 - XP 1600+ - 1 GB pc2700 - radeon 9700pro- Amstel Light|-

-|Mystery Mobo - celeron 1.2 - 256 whatver sdram - geforce4mx440 - Coors Light|-

all the ATI Radeon 9500 upwards are DirectX 9.0 compatable. I think its either the Ti4800 or the FX 5000 range that support it, from nvidia's range. im with ati now dont follow nvidia as much as i used to.
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

Beefy Guest

It's just a matter of preference really. Personally, I'd go with the DirectX 9 compatible cards from ATi.

A GeForce4 Ti is a still a good card, but it's slowly slipping behind all the new DX9 cards that are coming out, and those which can actually outperform it by a good way.

Not sure on pricing in the states, but you might almost be able to pick up a nice little Radeon 9700 Pro for that price.

And Thoric, it is the FX range that supports DX9. The Ti4800 is just the 4600 (or some people say it's the 4400) that supports AGP 8x.

EDIT: I just had a look at your system specs. To be honest, the first thing I'd do is scrap the Compaq.

:) Thanks for the supportfrom all of you. This is the first time I have used this forum. For what seems now like a really stupid question I wasn't even flamed once. I think my next card will be the Raedeon 9500. I really don't need or want the TV support. I don't see how I can use it. I just want really good game play with it. I am 53 yrs old and received a minor in Computer Science in 1985 and really am behind any power curve since I haven't woked in the area since. My Major was Business Management. For 5 years after I graduated I would not let any one think of installing a game on my computer. My Son talked me into installing Delta Force 2 (since I was in the U.S. Army for 23 years), And have been hooked ever since Lol.
    I understand the basics but beyond that I am totaly lost. You have really been a big help.
    Again Thanks !,
    Steve Hill
    :cheers:

Well, just remember this, then. Any internal 200-500 $ computer part today, will be worth 100$ or less in 6-8 months.

Processors, Vid cards, and some Mobo's all hit the market at way - way higher price than they're worth. Just like your TNT2, I can remember when it hit the market at over 200$, only to have it drop under 60$ when the GeForce 256 came out.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by zeradul
    Well, just remember this, then. Any internal 200-500 $ computer part today, will be worth 100$ or less in 6-8 months.

Processors, Vid cards, and some Mobo's all hit the market at way - way higher price than they're worth. Just like your TNT2, I can remember when it hit the market at over 200$, only to have it drop under 60$ when the GeForce 256 came out.
    That's right, and things seem to be getting worse every day. Some things will be obselete by the time they hit the market now.

My question is:
    Judgeing by the bios date in the machine 03/2002, i am asuming that it has not been updated. Did compaq stick u with that card about a year ago? If they did, u may be able to make them give u something in return. I had a customer that was stuck with a very very very low end nvidia vanta LT 8mb card and he only bought the machine about 15 months ago. It never even had a heatsink.
    athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
    tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
    asus a7n8xe-dlx
    thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
    bfg 6800gt
    seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
    samsung dvdrw
    2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
    logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
    2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
    creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
    mushkin 550w