Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dawn sleeps with ATI

Radeon Dawning

When I first saw Nvidia’s new GeForce FX Dawn demo I was quite impressed. ATI’s demos done by Alex and the ATI Research crew are of course impressive as well, but the Dawn demo had a certain appeal. Maybe it was the human form, life-like facial expressions, realistic skins tones and texture, or most likely the sexual appeal. So it was disappointing to find out that this magnificent demo would not be able to run on ATI’s DX9 graphic cards. Luckily a group of MIT engineering students were disappointed by the same thing (also rumoured that they were unhappy with Nvidia's image quality and performance) and were up to the task of making it work on ATI hardware (and the brains!). The end result was an opengl wrapper that made the demo run smoothly on ATI hardware. Most impressive!
    Rage 3D

Requirements

A graphic card that supports GL_ARB_*_program and GL_ATI_vertex_array_object
    Nvidia Dawn Demo
    512MB System Memory
    Patch works with the following chipsets
    R350 based cards
    R300 based cards
    RV350 based cards
    M10 chipset

More information @ Rage 3D
    (full article, screenshots, downloads)

You are a true GOD weta!! :thumb: :thumb: I have soooooooo badly wanted to see that demo...I can´t describe how greatful I am for that news/link!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :) :) :)

Good find there wetta:D
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

I just watched that demo...quite nice (but wasn´t anything REALLY special! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

I hope someone would make that kind of "openGL wrapper" for the NAKED version of that demo... :drool: :drool: :drool: ;)

PS. if you´re gonna watch that demo, make sure that you have enough virtual memory! :hammer: I had set my virtual memory to 526Mb and got Low virtual memory warning! When I set it to 766Mb (XP´s recommendation), it worked fine. :cool: :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi_s
    I had set my virtual memory to 526Mb and got Low virtual memory warning! When I set it to 766Mb (XP´s recommendation), it worked fine. :cool: :)
    May I ask why you set it down in the first place..:?:

:cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi_s
    I hope someone would make that kind of "openGL wrapper" for the NAKED version of that demo... :drool:
    Now is that "wrapper" or "wrap her" ?? :rofl:
    There should be an unwrapper for the naked version !!! :rofl:

P.S. Can we get the Dusk version as well ? At the same time ? Going at it...Hmmm twin sisters.. :wow: ...Ohh, I mean, er, umm....Never mind. :shh:
    SPAM Special Ops

Quote Originally Posted by E^vol
    Now is that "wrapper" or "wrap her" ?? :rofl:
    There should be an unwrapper for the naked version !!! :rofl:

P.S. Can we get the Dusk version as well ? At the same time ? Going at it...Hmmm twin sisters.. :wow: ...Ohh, I mean, er, umm....Never mind. :shh:
    Are u talkin bout lesbians:D
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

:drool:

Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    May I ask why you set it down in the first place..:?:

Someone in this forum asked what´s the optimal amount of virtual memory in Win XP and minibubba said that

"a guy that used to work for M$ told me that the amount of RAM + 14 MB is the optimal size for the paging file.
    any more than that is dosn't improve anything

but whatever you chose for your swapfile, it needs to be a fixed size. don't let windows arrange it for you"

so I set my virtual memory to 526 Mb because I have 512Mb of Memory! (512 + 14 = 526Mb) :hammer: Now I realised it was a bad choise. ;) :D :D

FYI: the nude patch for nvidia will work as well.
    ( :rolleyes2 not that i tried or anything...:rolleyes2 )

http://members.shaw.ca/tylerv2/dawn/

the patch file should be on top of the list.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information