Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Hercules Radeon 9700 Pro

I'm using the latest omega drivers and I want to OC my vidcard (I'm not in the ability to extra cool my gpu...)

I guess I'll use this utility that came with the drivers :
    http://www.medianplace.com/clock.JPG

But I don't know what values I can rise...

My full specs are :
    Abit KR7a
    Athlon 2100+ (a while since I last checked but usually runs between 55/60 °c)
    512 DDR
    Hercules Rad9700 pro

Any tips would be greately appreciated I get 4700 3DMarks2003 on all default settings (1024x768x32) and 9150 3DMark2003 on all settings lowest possible...

Well... I tried putting it at 324/390 but as soon as I press the "set" button, I get all weird flickering lines in my screen and my cursur becomes a box with some distorted graphics... when I reboot it'sgone and the values are back to it's default....

What am I doing wrong ? it's at 324/324 now.... I tried setting it to 324/600 but if I then press set my screen get corrupted even worse, like in totally... I can't see any windows screens anymore.. just vertical lines....

The default settings for the 9700 Pro is core 325MHz and memory 310MHz!!! If you donīt have any extra cooling on the card, you may get it to run max about 390MHz core and maybe 340MHz memory!!! My Sapphire Atlantis 9700 Pro works max with 369MHz core and 330MHz memory!! :rolleyes2

Itīs no surprise that your screen is full of ****, if you set the memory to 390MHz!!! :rolleyes: :D :D :laugh:

yah, cranking the memory from default of 310MHz to 394MHz is insane; you're lucky your comp screwed up before you could play any games with it, otherwise you would've fried your card completely and had some serious permanent damage :snip: . When you o/c a card, you're always gonna be able to push the GPU settings higher than the RAM, simply because that's where the best cooling is on most cards: over the GPU (fan, HS, etc). Also, remember that RAM is DDR, so 310 actually is 620, so when you went to 390, you were at 780, almost a 21% over o/c :wow: . I dont know much about Radeon cards, but if you wanna o/c any card successfully, crank each setting up 5MHz, set, and play a high performance game (UT2003 works awesome, as it's very sensitive to Video cards). If there's no flickering or artifacts (UT2003 usually will pause whenever the card gets hot, and then keep pausing more frequently as it cant cool down), boost it up another 5MHz. Your RAM will crap out and get too hot before you GPU does, so if you raise up both settings and you see some overheating signs, knock the RAM setting back down to the previous safer setting, but leave the GPU at the same. If it works ok with only the GPU setting still up, keep boosting the GPU setting in increments of 5MHz until you see the signs again, then knock it back down to the safe setting. That way, you'll get your card working at its fullest capacity. Good luck, : peace2: Mista K6
    Modified Dell 8200 Case:
    -400MHz FSB i850 Intel mobo
    -P4 Williamette Socket 478, 1.9GHz
    -768MB 16-bit PC800 RDRAM
    -MSI GF4 Ti4200 128MB @ 284/581
    -7200 RPM Maxtors: 60GB (2MB) on mobo and 160GB (8MB) on ATA/133 PCI Card
    -Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 Speaker System on an Audigy 2
    -Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Rock on : peace2: , MiStA K6

Yep ure memory was way to high:laugh:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

Welldamn :o heh. if that 390 was already so much, I also tried with 600 but then my screen just went all crazy :(

So now I just took the default values and each slider 2 nods up and I won't touch it any further, I payed 500€ for this card (above 500$) and don't want to screw it up...

Thread Information