Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Can I use dual video cards?

Well I think the subject line says it all. I've been thinking of trying to use two of the same video cards (64mb Nvidia GeForce2 Mx-400). It's probably something REAL stupid to do, but I'm just curious to see I can run both at the same time get any improvement. Does anybody know anything about this? I could use some advice.

you only have 1 agp slot...so putting 2 agp cards in could be a bit difficult

if you go pci that's a slightly different story...

but why would you want to? many cards come with dual display support

even if it was possible, there wouldn't be any performance boost...might even lower performance
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

true... more cards=more cpu power=more ram=a lot of crap...
    no point in using two v cards... even for pci cards in this case... as far as i`m concerned, most newer cards come with multiple display support... so what`s the point...?
    keep things simple...
    but if you wanna try it out anyway, no one`s gonna stop you... but i don`t think it`s gonna give you any performance boost or anything... might even slow it down...
    My RIG...
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ @2.0GHz
    Asus A7N8X-X
    512MB PC2700 DDR
    128MB Abit GF4Ti4200 8x
    80GB Maxtor DiamondMax 9
    Realtek ALC650 on Creative Inspire 2.1

You used to be able to do this with some of the Voodoo cards, and it would actually help performance a good deal, but I don't believe it is supported by any of today's cards even if you could hook 2 up to your mobo :thumbs do

theyneverknew what ya thinkin' of is Scan Line Interleaving (or SLI) which Voodoo II's where good at when paired and Voodoo5 5000's (2 GPU's on this card) did by themselves but I use to use dual video cards a while back with no probs but with today's dual output it's much easier as ya don't have to play around with IRQ's and other possible conflicts (dependin' on the cards used).

Thread Information