Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATI 9600 Pro Morrowind

Took out gf2 mx 400 and put in ATI 9600 Pro.

Morrowind-Tribunal
    Old games wont load. New game will crash when i try to open the hatch door on the boat. Tried re-installing. Morrowing sees my v. card. Using most recent version of Tribunal.EVERYTHING is updated. Help! :tears:

(other games b4 the switch ok)

did you COMPLETELY remove all the old nVidia drivers?
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Yeah, it sounds more like a Driver problem then a hardware problem. It may also even be a DX problem, cause u may have to reinstall it after when you switch video cards.
    <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

You might not like this, but I formated when I installed my AIW 9700 Pro a couple of weeks ago...Haven't had a problem with games or drivers...
    As a rule, I always format when I change a major piece of hardware.
    SPAM Special Ops

i don't format my hdd cause of major hardware changes(unless its the mobo itself), you should uninstall the nvidia drivers, reinstall dx and the install radeon drivers.
    My rig:
    amd athlon xp 2500+ barton core @2.16GHZ (180mhz 12x)
    cooler master x-dream(with cooler master high performance thermal compound)
    mobo: asus a7n8x deluxe
    512mb of ddr pc-3200
    radeon 9500 pro
    pctv tuner card
    antec 5.1 speakers
    antec case with 5 80mm fans
    430 watts psu
    15" monitor @ 1024*768 32bit 70hz
    48x cd-rom, 52x24x52x cdrw
    2x 160gbs 7200 rpm 8mb buffer maxtor hdd
    win xp pro with sp1a
    all drivers updated

"They say that when you run a Microsoft CD backwards you can hear demonic voices... But that's nothing - When you run it forwards it installs Windows"

ya you just have to make sure that you uninstall all the nvidia drivers. i did the same thing because i had a geforce 2 mx then upgraded to a radeon 9500. wondered why it didnt work properly, then realized i didnt remove the old drivers. did that and things were smooooooth.:thumb:

you can also try setting ur agp to 4x instead of 8x i was having the same problems and that fixed it. http://mirror.ati.com/support/infobase/4219.html

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne™
    i don't format my hdd cause of major hardware changes(unless its the mobo itself), you should uninstall the nvidia drivers, reinstall dx and the install radeon drivers.
    if you're switching from an nVidia to an ATi graphics chipset - I would also suggest a thorough registry cleaning...at least..
    Although personally, I think a fresh install gives the best results

I recomend a format and reinstall, it saves you alot of time figuring out what is going wrong.

Of course at the expense of reinstalling windows and all of your appz etc :P
    ----
    If you ghost your harddrive you won't have this problem anymore though :)

I upgraded from a geforce 4 MX 420 to Radeon 9500 pro. All I did was uninstalled the drivers using Windows add/remove program then took out the old card put in the Radeon installed the drivers and then got the latest ones from the ATI site. Absolutly no problems by far the quickest and easiest way of doing it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information