Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There must be something I can do...

So - then if the RAM is the bottleneck, I would still need to get a motherboard that supports
    DDRAM, correct? My current doesn't support it. My brother has a Motherboard that supports DDRAM,
    and has only 256 MB and GeForceTi 3/64 MB and pulls almost the same performance as my rig.

When I ran 3dmark01, the score was 7101 at 1024x768 @32 which I guess isn't so bad, but I just
    thought it should be a little better than that. Bottlenecks suck though...

When you mention the AGP arpeture size at 32MB, how can I change that? The driver is the latest from nVidia
    44.03, which gives programs like NVMax problems. My other question is why is Fastwrite and
    sideband addressing supported, but disabled? In the BIOS, they're both enabled. Wierd. The
    other part to that is when I enabled coolbits, I could not overclock anything at all even in the
    slightest - artifacts and hangups were the order of the day there...

I'm not surprised the RAM is the bottleneck - but that brings me to the same question: shouldn't the
    frequencey be 133Mhz? I have SPD enabled and it sets all that stuff to the highest the BIOS has to
    offer; 3T,3T,3T and 7T - so there seems little point in manually setting that.

Or could I stand to use a different BIOS altogether?

Thank for all your input:)

I have a system similar to your but usin' a KT333 mobo, PC2700 and GF4 Ti4200 which pulls almost 10K in 3DMark '01. Ya CPU has a native bandwidth of 2.1GB (non o/c'd) but ya mobo/mem combo is only designed to handle just over 1GB (non o/c'd) and ya video card has to battle the CPU for use of this bandwidth (not to mention other competing hardware) so I'm sure that ya can see the prob ya face. ATM an nForce2 mobo and 2 sticks of PC2700 will blow ya current setup into the weeds.

Wiggo - thanks!

I'm saving up starting now - I have only one obstacle:
    Yesterday when i visited my brother, I nailed a curb pulling into a parking lot to play some pool - blew the tire and busted the rim!!!

181 USD for the rim
    around 120 USD for the tire

Dam - what a setback!!

When that's replaced, I'm working OT to upgrade the ol' PC

Thanks for all your input!

Damn that does suck. Hope ur alright :) . Also, you can a pick up a nice nForce 2 mobo like the 8RDA+ for just 85 dollars, and then you can probably find some alright quality PC2700 RAM on eBay (for DC mode) for about another 85 bucks.
    <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Yeah, I'm fine, but it was rough on the car - i was prolly goin a little too fast:rolleyes:

Yeah, I think I saw that at some one of the online stores at Yahoo shopping - I have another question

When i built this machine, I installed the processor, of course, there is a lever that you push down to lock it in place, you already know that. my question is is that the mounting plate slides over to lock; does this ruin the processor pins making it a one-time installation? Can I remove my CPU from this motherboard and put it in my new one, ar do I need another CPU as well?

I've built several PC's but have never actually had to re-use a CPU.

Sorry for the dumb-n00b question here!!

no, it doesn't damage the CPU at all. I can't count the number of times I have and re-used CPU's :thumb:
    :cheers:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Buddy, that's exactly what I wanted to hear!:D

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information