Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there really THAT much difference between a Ti 4200 8x an

But there is no WAY I would pay that much for a game! Also, SORRY, but you can down single player all you want, but to ME multiplayer isn't worth my time!
    And what mods have you played? And how long did you spend playing it?
    but you won't change my mind on single player!
    You're right, I won't. But I urge you to keep trying online multiplayer, and preferably an id based game. Keep in mind, i am talking strictly about First Person Shooters.
    I don't have the time to mess around with all those people who ***** cry and moan about a game!! I LIKE single player, the only one that I have to listen to complaining is ME!
    Your thought process is going in the right direction. Hence my reference that Epic's Games are the 'Training Wheels' of the game genre. Trying playing some of id's games user made mods and it will shock you, NOONE says anything, with the exception of continual conversation about the current state of the game "Incoming Quad" for example.
    Personally, I don't think that multiplayer is worth it if you don't have a good (AND I MEAN GOOD) internet connection!
    Where are you from? It is not hard at all in the US to get a decent connection. Any DSL or Cable will do ya. And it will only cost ya 25 - 45 $ in most places.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Some people get mad when I tell them that single player (First Person Shooters) is absolute filth in comparrison, but that is simply because they don't know what is out there. -Zeradul
    Did I call that one or what. Hehe ;)
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Quote Originally Posted by webe3
    I agree completely! It sounds as though he wants games only to be made for the higest end system available...that's OK if you are a millionaire and can replace your setup regularly....but most have to make do with what they have! Most people cannot afford to go out and buy a new vid card or MB and CPU when the newest game is out! I know I can't! So why not make it available to as many people as possible? Personally, i don't see anything wrong with that!

I secondly agree completely, and Minibubba was right. Not everyone has a P4C 3.2 Radeon 9800, so the mana factures have to make games flexible. Also, if you want the game to be good, you can crank up the resolutions and settings. I personnally think that UT2K3 has really good graphics.
    <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Quote Originally Posted by zeradul
    Did I call that one or what. Hehe ;)
    No you didn't. While online games can be fun, it can never beat a quality single player experience. The only exception to that is LAN Parties. I can only handle so much online gaming, the rampid immaturity is sickening. I do enjoy the challenge of playing against someone with a brain. But too often I find myself on servers where the immaturity, disrespect, and all too often racism, is so abundant that I can not convince myself to play online for days. Nearly any FPS that can be played online, I have played online and I still say that the best FPS experience is a high quality, well thought out single player game. Don't get me wrong, I do greatly enjoy playing online (usually) but it can never replace a good single player game.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Response to Homeworld:

This is not a discussion about graphics. :wave:

Response to Homeworld:

This is not a discussion about graphics. :wave:
    it's not? you could have fooled me :confused:
    this thread seems to be just as much about graphics as anything else

While online games can be fun, it can never beat a quality single player experience.
    Just for a moment, try to imagine that you haven't but scratched the surface of whats out there.
    I can only handle so much online gaming, the rampid immaturity is sickening. I do enjoy the challenge of playing against someone with a brain. But too often I find myself on servers where the immaturity, disrespect, and all too often racism, is so abundant that I can not convince myself to play online for days
    And what Games/Mods are you referring to?

And what Games/Mods are you referring to?
    Q3, UT, UT2k3, BF192. BF1942: RTR, Desert Combat (BF42 mod), Eve of Destruction (BF42 mod), MOHAA, MOHAA:SH, SoF II, Tribes 2, RTCW, RTCW:ET, Counter-Strike...and that is just the FPS I currently play online

Any mods other than these?: Desert Combat (BF42 mod), Eve of Destruction (BF42 mod)

Are there really lamers galore?

Any mods other than these?: Desert Combat (BF42 mod), Eve of Destruction (BF42 mod)

Are there really lamers galore?
    it's the only Mods that I currently play, what's your point :?:

as for 'lamers'...they are in every online game, they are not specific to only a handful of games. Some servers just have more than others. The only games that dont have too many are either brand new (less than a week on the shelf) or they are older games that only the die-hard fans still play. They are a fact of online gaming (any genre), and it is what will keep a good single player game on top.

I do think mutiplayer and singleplayer go together nicely, and it is a disapointment when a game lacks one or the other.

:2cents:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information