Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there really THAT much difference between a Ti 4200 8x an

I don't know if i am in place to be apart of this thread..but i am a member so here goes. I have to say that if a top notch game gets released then it should be just that...top notch...not just on graphics but in every other aspect. You also have the people that stay behind and can't afford the rather expensive parts for a upgrade. Though if you think about it...huge games that take a while to develop take as much 2-3 years to complete...which by then...i believe wise buyers (gamers) can go ahead upgrade their rig. How far do you expect to take that 800 celeron?...I am not hitting the peeps with the lower end comps..cuz i myself own one..but i believe developers should go all out...but to them its all about the "purchasing their games" ...so you can expect lower end compatabilty.

This is my opinion ...and my opinon alone...ONLINE GAMING OWN SINGLE. To me its a different experience everytime i log on...experiences that can last for a months..I barely play single player...unless its something along the lines of Splinter Cell MGS2 etc...other that Shooters, WC3 (single is also good on WC3)...online is the way to go...i believe the other tens of thousands online players i join in b.net or CS or UT or BF1942 servers would agree with me.:2cents:
    - Damien

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by minibubba
    it's the only Mods that I currently play, what's your point :?:

as for 'lamers'...they are in every online game, they are not specific to only a handful of games. Some servers just have more than others. The only games that dont have too many are either brand new (less than a week on the shelf) or they are older games that only the die-hard fans still play. They are a fact of online gaming (any genre), and it is what will keep a good single player game on top.

I do think mutiplayer and singleplayer go together nicely, and it is a disapointment when a game lacks one or the other.

:2cents:
    I'm with you all the way minibubba. I've had this argument with zeradul before, and it's like talking to a brick wall. :) no offense dude, but you really do get worked up that online play is THE ultimate gameplay... It's each to their own. A lot of people, myself included, will happily forgo online play if the game has a very indepth single player campaign. There's not too many games that can do it well, but when there is it's an experience all to themselves.

See ! Flaco has seen the light ! :cheers:

And Beefy, every time you and I have discussed this we have come to an agreement. And that agreement is that the Australian portion of the internet is not as capable, and therefore does not lend itself well to online gaming. And when you do try it, you are tapping into a much smaller pond of users, which also limits gameplay, bcause the lamers are harder (impossible?) to escape. In the US there are SO many players, each with very capable internet connections and the internet becomes invisible. Its like being at a LAN 24/7.

So, if you think LAN gaming is better than single player then I've made my point and we are in agreement. If you are in an area of the world with bad internet connections, then I feel sorry for you.

---

One more thing I did not point out. id games are cutting edge, and so a fairly decent computer IS required, which keeps ALOT of the lamers away. Most lamers are 16 and under, (and not all kids are lamers) and so when you're 14 and you and your buddies are gonna play an online game what are you gonna play together??? Something each of you can play. Which means you play CS, or UT, or UT2003. And this process sucks most of the lamers out of id game scene.

And if you think I'm lying just try some of the Doom 3 mods that will start rolling out. You will be a convert, or at least surprised, I guarantee.

---

And why do I suggest Online gaming when I get the chance? Because it dominates the alternatives. Its the same reason I have ebay as my avatar. Its the same reason I suggest ePox, Liteon, Antec, Google, Crucial, Trillian, etc to everyone who's in the market. These things RULE and I'm gonna share my experience because thats what my friends share with me. If they find a deal or a piece of software or a product of ANY kind, they tell me about it. I do the same. :cheers:
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

I have seen the light for while...i mean i was so against PC gaming...but i had a 56k modem logging on at 28.8 so you know i was all about single player on console systems. Then i got my cable conneted...for the different reasons tho...i was into getting music and stuff ...until i tried cs a lil bit after it was released...man was i hooked...you can interact to REAL people...laugh at them when they cry...or say GG to a real person...its great making friends at a place where you can all meet again...i think its great...
    - Damien

Beefy Guest

You're right there Zeradul, we don't have the same network infrastructure in this country that you guys do, but things are picking up slowly. And yeah, LAN gaming is good fun. I think the reason I enjoy it so much is more the social aspect of the event, and the novelty of it, more than the multiplayer gaming. But that's just me.

I think we both suffer from the same thing here, which is not having experienced fully what the other person is trying to get accross.

I haven't played any multiplayer action that I really really draws me in (had a long stint with Soldier of Fortune 2 and Desert Combat, but the novelty wears off after a while), and it seems that you haven't had any awe-inspiring single player games. I've had single player games that I've played for 18 hours straight, just waiting to see what is around the next corner, and the next, and the next... I've had games that have made me sad when a character dies, or pissed off when a bad guy comes in and ruins something you've spent hours trying to piece together. Games with immaculate story-telling and gameplay that really do drag you into the game. Again, it's probably just me, but I fail to see how that compares to playing a bunch of maps on a game again and again and again, where it becomes so monotonous that you know the map back to front, can shoot people you can't see because you just know where they are, and have ingrained in your brain all the various spots that are strategically good value. I like new experiences, which a fully fledged single player game can provide. I'm not saying that you don't get new experiences in online gaming, but it's a different ball-game.

When I think about it, that's probably why I don't 'love' multiplayer. I'll start playing a game, and probably enjoy it. But once it gets to a stage where I've played a map / level hundreds of times, I just lose interest, no matter who I'm playing with / against. All the smacktards in the world are probably a good thing, as they invoke some emotion when playing, instead of just sitting there while you run around and kill.

I'm not the best person to talk about this, mainly because I've just had some single player experiences that I feel will never, ever be topped by multiplayer action. I'm biased, and stubborn. :) But that's me.

Beefy Guest

All those in favour for splitting this thread and puttin this in the Gaming forum, say aye.

it's not just you Beefy :)

if it didn't say Beefy on that^ post, it easily could have been me ;)

I do love playing online, but as far as I'm concerned, it can never top well made single player games

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    All those in favour for splitting this thread and puttin this in the Gaming forum, say aye.
    "AYE!"
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

To me the only games that have the effect on me like beefy mentioned in his post would be RPG's...like FF series, crono cross FF tactics..is too good..as well as Warcraft...as for action games..i dunno...i think its more of a online experience to me...i have tried both aspects...but where i find the true meaing of awe insipring single player is RPG's. the old Tomb Raiders I & II and MGS Series as well as Splinter Cell...I know i am getting redundant but that what i see as worth while single player.
    - Damien

Beefy Guest

That's pretty much it Flaco. But out of the two experiences (single player RPG, like FF) or online action (your choice of FPS), which would you prefer?

WOW tough one...i actually view an epic game like FF as a memory and experience those 7 hour str8 seesion...

Then you have the other 7 hour sessions with my FPS MP games or WC3 at b.net...

Truely is tough to decide...like i said b4 its all about preference...i enjoy both...like any game out there i will play whats good...whether it be online or single...so i take back it might not own...just all depends on the type of game it is and what it involves...

Lately tho i have been enjoying online gameplay maybe cuaz of the lack of time that needs to be involved with single...

I always did and always will understand both perspectives...and honestly its all about preference...but at the end i believe online gameplay will be my perfeence just for replay value...then again you have the great felling of getting the "good" ending or finishing a long ass game...nothing can beat that...

LOL sh*t Beefy you got me...you reminded me of those long night playing Crono Cross...or FF Tactics...EVEN PART 7 when that monster came out i was hooked as well...

As of now..with my lifestyle which keeps getting busy...i would choose Online Gameplay...just because of the in and out type gameplay...as well...i acn't sit there for hours like i used to...

But you're right...Beefy i see your light the same one i saw when i was 14-19
    - Damien

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information