Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 9800 Pro 128 vs 256

The Radeon 9800 will beable to handle Doom III pretty well, if you have a fairly fast system (2.4 GHz+). You can see in the review that Persian Imortal had a link to, that the 9700 scored fairly well compared to the newer cards in places where the resolution and quaity are at about mid level. Another reason i wouldnt be to worried is becuase Id knows that not everyone has a P4C 3.2 with a 5900 Ultra, so the game should be scalable. I was reading a review in PCG about Half Life 2, and they said that the game will be able to play on a PIII TNT2 system.
    <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Quote Originally Posted by homeworld1031tx
    they said that the game will be able to play on a PIII TNT2 system.
    It won't, trust me. UT2K3 don't run on it either then imagine those new ones..

Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    It won't, trust me. UT2K3 don't run on it either then imagine those new ones..
    640x480 / Low Details ?:?:
    SPAM Special Ops

If you run a game with a machine which is close to the minimum specs you will have a very bad experience. Don't expect to run HL2 or Doom3 on a P3 with a TNT or GF2 (or MX) card and have it looking even remotely nice. If you turn off all the effects and run it at 640x480 you will get an ugly slideshow.

It's not just the CPU and graphics card either. If you have minimal RAM and a slow hard drive you will see a lot of loading and pauses in-game. Save yourself the disappointment and either avoid these games until you can afford a better system, or save up now and buy some good 2nd-hand hardware when the games reach the market. Everyone will be madly upgrading for the games so you can pick up a 9700/Pro very cheaply at that time, not to mention a good CPU/motherboard/RAM package.

Think my system will be up to the task ? (HL2 / Doom3) :?:
    SPAM Special Ops

Hope so, ´cause mine´s about the same, except the vidcard....;)

same here, kinda similar system...but I've got a Ti4200 instead of a 9700 pro
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

It seems sooner or later PC parts maufacturers and Game manufacturers are going to burn out the market at the rate. I mean, my comp (see sig) isnt that fast, but its a lot faster than a good portion of potential buyers out there. It seems that the marketing strategy of producing high performace demanding games so that people will constantly upgrade their comps is gonna burn out. I mean, back only about a year ago, games like Ghost Recon had graphics that were resonably good, and could run on any PC. Now companies are just putting out high quality eye candy that kills most machines. I know alot of my friends are getting disgusted and moving to console games because there is no lock ups aor and problems at all, and the game will look like it does on the back of the box. It all just seems stupid to me. Maybe game producers should focus on game play instead of graphics, my friend just got Vice City for the PC, and he can barely play it, so all those extra polygons and the sea bed they added really means nothing. Ah well, its a little off topic, but its been on my mind. : peace2: , Mista K6
    Modified Dell 8200 Case:
    -400MHz FSB i850 Intel mobo
    -P4 Williamette Socket 478, 1.9GHz
    -768MB 16-bit PC800 RDRAM
    -MSI GF4 Ti4200 128MB @ 284/581
    -7200 RPM Maxtors: 60GB (2MB) on mobo and 160GB (8MB) on ATA/133 PCI Card
    -Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 Speaker System on an Audigy 2
    -Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Rock on : peace2: , MiStA K6

I completely agree with you Mista K6. Just think of the X-box, a complete machine for the price of 200$ and smooth as silk gameplay even at more graphic dense scenes. Most of the eye-candy I can't even notice unless I pause the games and look closer. Anyway all I can play with my Radeon 340M IGP is CS and sports games so I'm kinda out of gamers market atm.
    Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop
    p4 1.7GHz, 1GB DDR-Ram, 40GB hdd, DVD-ROM+External DVD-+RW, connected to a BenQ 17"LCD Display (own LCD display went nuts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mista K6
    I know alot of my friends are getting disgusted and moving to console games because there is no lock ups aor and problems at all
    I never experience any lockups on my games running with detonator drivers, just keep your drivers up to date and it shouldn't be any probs. Latest game patches is also very important.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information