Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Just ordered my new Chaintech FX 5600 (256mb) from newegg!

Can't wait until it gets here! I currently am using a XFX GF4 MX 440!!! It is OK though, I just played the new tomb raider game Angel of Darkness on it and it did alright, but sometimes it showed the characters hair kind of strange! It looked like a long shadow behind the character! It didn't do this all the time though! I am planning on getting a ASUS A7N8X Deluxe MB and 256mb (512mb altogether) of DDR 400mgz DUAL RAM next! But I think going from a GF4 MX 440 with 64 mb of SDRAM.... TO....a Chaintech FX 5600 with 256mb (Chaintech is 8x/4x AGP- my current MB uses 4x AGP!) WILL BE NO COMPARISON! I just hope that the problems I ran into with a Abit Siluro GF4 Ti 4200 card I used to own doesn't happen! What happened back then was I bought the card when the Ti 4200s first came out, so there was not a lot of drivers at the time for it and Abit Siluros Customer Support was NON EXSISTANT! Everytime I wanted to format my computer and load my Win XP Pro operating system back on, the screen went BLACK and nothing I tried could get it out of the blackness!!! So I had to BUY a cheap VGA card and put it in until I had reformatted my hard drive and put Win XP back on, then put back in my Ti 4200and it worked!! (Strange thing though, it only did this on Win XP, not win 98 if I chose to put that on!) Never DID figure out what happened, but after a few months, I finally sold the card! Thats when I got the video card I now have and it has done fine ever since! SLOW....but fine! Hey....at least then I could format whenever I wanted to! That whole mess turned me against Abit Siluro, because all their tech support people said to do was update the drivers....I tried that and it didn't help at all!! So hopefully, me going with a completely different brand and video chipset will do just fine next time I want to reformat with my new card!! I think it will make my gaming more enjoyable too!

So I had to BUY a cheap VGA card and put it in until I had reformatted my hard drive and put Win XP back on, then put back in my Ti 4200and it worked!! (Strange thing though, it only did this on Win XP, not win 98 if I chose to put that on!) Never DID figure out what happened, but after a few months, I finally sold the card!
    I'v run into a couple cards that do that. ITs due to the drivers that microsoft has imbeded in the OS. It is really freaking annoying when it does that though. Good luck with the new purchase.

Thread Information