Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help picking a video card to finish up system! Help ple

It is either that one, or the 8500DV AIW.
    Which the DV is so you can hook your dv camcorder up to it (which I have a canon ZR-10) so that would come in REAL handy.
    It seems to have all the other stuff the other one has too, remote, inputs, ect. and a little more.
    The 8500DV is $188.00

Should I just go for that one? ?

That is in my price range and seems to fit the bill. I wonder if I can watch tv on my pc and stuff with it still? Just for fun of course, I have a TV in my home office right next to my PC, but just for kicks.

Thanks so much for your guys help on this one. Video is always the hardest to buy. You really need other people opinions since they have probably had the card, heard about it, or know about it!!!!

Thanks again,
    Chez

The 8500DV seems to be a good one to me. I don't know about the GPU and all that though.

They have a 9000 for $177, doesn't seem to have as much though.
    SFlower/Kingwin TT-201AB-W 3 window 12 bay Black/Gold ~
    Antec 480Blue modded+UV blue sleeved-hshrink from Pc-perfomance
    A7V8X Deluxe Rev. 2.0 - 2500+ Barton ~ Aero 7+ OR TT 11 Xaser w/ TT fan tube
    MSI Ti4200-VTD8X 8X AGP w/Zalman h-pipe cooler ~ Geil 2 x 512 Cas 2.5 6-3-3-2t w/Blue HS
    WD120JB 7200 8mg Cache ~ Maxtor Quantum Fireball 60GB
    Lite-on 48x24x48x16x CDRW-DVD Black ~ Aopen 56x Cdrom Black
    Enermax 3.5" Fan controller A3FATR2 ~ Round UV Blue cables/Silver braid
    2x12” UV/Blacklight CC Sound/on-off/PCI switch ~ 2x12” Thtake Blue CC Sound/on-off/PCI sw
    ALL wires UV Blue sleeved + Hshrink - Cornea CT 1904 19" LCD BLk/Slvr ~ Microsoft™ Windows XP Pro

Knowledge is POWER

For $127 the 7500AIW looks good for now. I will throw it in one of my other systems when the price on the 9700AIWPRO drops.
    I am sure it will be on par with a Ti4200 as far as what I use it for.
    I read some reviews at other sites and it seems like the best band for the buck with the feature set it has. And if it doesn't work out it is cheap enough to throw in another system I have with an MX440 in it now. So it can't hurt for what I need it for at the moment. And I will get to try out ATI and All in wonder prior to purchasing the card I really want.

thanks guys,
    Chez
    MSI Ti4200-VTD8X 8X AGP w/Zalman h-pipe cooler ~ Geil 2 x 512 Cas 2.5 6-3-3-2t w/Blue HS
    2x12” UV/Blacklight CC Sound/on-off/PCI switch ~ 2x12” Thtake Blue CC Sound/on-off/PCI sw
    ALL wires UV Blue sleeved + Hshrink - Cornea CT 1904 19" LCD BLk/Slvr ~ Microsoft™ Windows XP Pro

Knowledge is POWER

Beefy Guest

The reason the 7500 is so cheap is because it's basically an antique now. :) That 8500DV AIW is a bargain though, so personally I'd go for that one if it was within budget. That 9000 you mentioned, was that AIW or just a normal 9000?

It was an AIW.

I was just doing some more research and the Gainward Ti4200 8x with Vivo looks pretty sweet for $140. 3.6ns 128mb DDR.
    Red card (3 window case).
    Something I like, until the AIW's come down.

I DON'T know. I know this. I will probably end up with a Ti4200 when the checkout button is pushed. For the price and what I need it for right now, you can't beat em'. Only cause I haven't seen or used an ATI card yet, and I have read so MUCH about driver issues it is ridiculous.

I don't know. I gotta get some sleep though b4 I just buy a couple cards and end the whole issue......

Chez

Knowledge is POWER

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chezman
    Only cause I haven't seen or used an ATI card yet, and I have read so MUCH about driver issues it is ridiculous.
    I was the same about 2 months ago, but I took a stab and tried out a 9700Pro AIW. And I was very pleasantly surprised. The whole driver issue has passed. That has been resolved for a while now. And yes, there's also stories about incompatibilites, but I haven't seen anything to back that up yet. It all boils down to what you want I guess. I'd prefer the better 2D image quality and TV / video input quality that the Radeons offer as opposed to nVidia's efforts. That's just me

I have an AIW 9700Pro and never regreted paying the extra money for the TV tuner features. The AIW TV tuner is amazing since it's integrated into your card and basically turns your PC into a first rate entertainment system that can do things other TV or video solutions can't.

It also has HDTV output to plug directly into an HDTV. This would allow you not only to output your TV and video to a high def TV but also to use it as a monitor! Play 1942 on a 42" plasma screen!! :D

The other nice and often overlooked feature of the AIW is the fact that the TV tuner and capture device is analogue. All you need to capture digital video is a 1394 card which is pretty standard on today's systems but capturing analogue has always been trickier and the AIW does it very well. There are certain advantages to being able to capture and convert analogue to digital in real time since it circumvents virtually every piracy protection scheme ever thought of. While I don't condone piracy it can be very useful. The AIW cards can also send digital video back to an analogue device such as a VCR.

There are many different products that can do all this but the great thing about the AIW cards is that a single card with a single set of drivers can do all of it while working as your video card too.
    ASUS A7N8X Deluxe, Athlon Barton 2500+ with SLK-800 and 4800rpm 80mm fan, ATi 9700Pro(AIW), Dual 256MB Corsair XMS 3200c. Seagate Barracuda SATA. 200MHz fsb with 11X multiplier, RAM latency: 2,2,2,5

Thanks guys for all the help.

I think I will go with the 9700AIWPRO, just not right now.
    I can edit my digital video from my dig. camcorder via the 1394 and a plethora of video editing software I have now. I haven't run into a problem yet.
    About the other "bells", I can wait till the price drops. It will be easier then to justify the costs.

For now I am going to go with a Ti4800 or the like.

I just don't know what brand I should get. If you guys could suggest some, I would appreciate it.

I am looking at the MSI, Gainward, and Asus cards right now.
    I am going to put a Zalman cooler on it, so the cooling doesn't matter, unless you guys suggest leaving whatever card with the current cooling on there.
    They are all in the $130-170 range.
    I would appreciate any suggestions.
    Thanks again with this pain in my a$$ of finding a good card. Video personally has always been hard for me to pick.
    I have dialed in so many systems and setup the right parts aestetically, colors, cases and all. This system is going to beat them all with the 3 windows, black lights, UV fans, UV/silver braid round cables, blue CC (to add a little more), the modded PSU with sleeved UV blue cables-heatshrink ect. I have put together a SWEET system, this is BY FAR the best looking system I have made to date.
    YET, I still can't decide on a video card?!?!?!
    I have enough money into it now though, I want to wait on the AIW. (Keeps the wife at bay too-honey I bought a cheaper card to save some $-yeah sure!!!)

Any suggestions?

Chez

I need to get it in the next day or so, so I can start building this thing and get to "moddin'" the OS ;)
    I just got my 19" Cornea LCD today. WOW is all I can say. With the silver accenting to the Video display once I hooked it up, to the BIG size of it, it BLEW me away. I can't wait to play a few games on it. I put a lot into picking a monitor, due to it "really" SHOWING your system, if you know what I mean. You work with it more than anything else, in my HO. So I was VERY pleased when I hooked it up today.
    I have never seen a better monitor yet.

ENOUGH WITH MY BOOK....on with buying a video card!!!

(thanks for dealing with my ambiguity on this!)

Knowledge is POWER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information