Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9700PRO VS PowerColor Radeon 9800PR

Which card should i go for?

After reading the TweakTown review i'm a bit worried about the cooling on the Powercolor card.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Sup bro! i have Sapphire Radeon 9700 atlantis pro too, they're alright... check this out it might help you to choose which card to get

http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...threadid=11747

I'm not familiar with the Powercolor verison .. but I would take any 9800pro over a 9700pro - besides the performance increase the 9800pro most of the minor bugs and 8X AGP compatability issues worked out

If you're concerned about the cooling - you can upgrade it easily enough

Thanks for the link to the thread.

I've decided to not get the 9700PRO but the 9800PRO

Question now being which one

PowerColor RADEON 9800PRO 128MB DDR TV/DVI-I $792.00

Sapphire Radeon 9800 PRO Ultimate 128MB DDR 811.00

Aussie prices of course :flames:

Both models look exactly like the ATI referance card. The only 9800Pro I have seen to be different is the Hercules model with a beautiful blue PCB, blue LED cooler and copper ramsinks. That one is 40-50usd more expensive than the average price. I suggest that u look at the rams the two cards have installed. The quality ram would allow room for better overclocking. In Germany both Sapphire and Hercules retail at the same price but I guess Sapphire has better bundled features.
    Here is a link to check out the Hercules overclocked to 427 core and 375 (750DDR) memory clock speeds. this is where good cooling comes to play.
    ( btw the card has 2.8ns Samsung memory = 357MHz(714DDR). )
    Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop
    p4 1.7GHz, 1GB DDR-Ram, 40GB hdd, DVD-ROM+External DVD-+RW, connected to a BenQ 17"LCD Display (own LCD display went nuts)

Originally posted by [b]DJ^TuRKiYe
    Thanks for the link to the thread.
    I've decided to not get the 9700PRO but the 9800PRO
    Question now being which one
    PowerColor RADEON 9800PRO 128MB DDR TV/DVI-I 2.00
    Sapphire Radeon 9800 PRO Ultimate 128MB DDR 811.00
    Aussie prices of course :flames:
    I had a BAD experience with PowerColor !!!
    I'd pay the extra $$$ and go with the Sapphire for sure....IMHO ! :cheers:
    SPAM Special Ops

Quote Originally Posted by ufuk21p
    Both models look exactly like the ATI referance card. The only 9800Pro I have seen to be different is the Hercules model with a beautiful blue PCB, blue LED cooler and copper ramsinks. That one is 40-50usd more expensive than the average price. I suggest that u look at the rams the two cards have installed. The quality ram would allow room for better overclocking. In Germany both Sapphire and Hercules retail at the same price but I guess Sapphire has better bundled features.
    Here is a link to check out the Hercules overclocked to 427 core and 375 (750DDR) memory clock speeds. this is where good cooling comes to play.
    ( btw the card has 2.8ns Samsung memory = 357MHz(714DDR). )
    At least you gave a link to the URL...But how did you get Hercules out of PowerColor Vs. Sapphire ???
    P.S. I love that the Hercules card has the sweet copper cooling w/ blue LEDs ! :group:
    SPAM Special Ops

The price for Hercules and Sapphire is the same in Germany. So I thought the same goes for down under. I always value the card for its overclocked performance, Hercules has great frames per buck ratio when overclocked. Besides , as I mentioned before its the only 9800 Pro with a different layout than the reference card.
    Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop
    p4 1.7GHz, 1GB DDR-Ram, 40GB hdd, DVD-ROM+External DVD-+RW, connected to a BenQ 17"LCD Display (own LCD display went nuts)

The Hercules 3D Prophet 9800 PRO retails for $906.65AUD

I found one retailer that sells the sapphire card at roughly the same price but i'd rather save a $100 and get it from a differant store :hammer:

Thanks for your help :cheers:

Thread Information