Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: nVidia Personal Cinema GeForce4 MX 440 8X

Hello. Sometime ago I bought this card mainly for video capture reasons. I've been planning to capture signals recorded in PAL system from the analog camcorder. Unfortunatelly, I haven't been able to capture anything better than 15 fps quality. I have used many different capture programs and every single one shows maximum capture rate of 15fps. I've contaced the eVGA (card manufacturer) and was told that the card cannot capture PAL system, but only NTSC. It is hard for me to believe in this, because I can see perfectly clean picture in OVERLAY mode. In PREVIEW mode the picture is messy with lines visible though. Has anybody else had the similar problems like I have? I guess, what the eVGA says it's true, but I would like to hear any comments from other people if there's anything I'm possibly missing. Also, what would be a good recommendation for a video caputre card(with analog input) and with the DVI monitor output (for LCD screen)?

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by winuser
    Also, what would be a good recommendation for a video caputre card(with analog input) and with the DVI monitor output (for LCD screen)?
    Sorry I can't help with your other problem, but for a new card I strongly recommend an ATi All-in-Wonder card. I've got a 9700Pro AIW at the moment, and I haven't found a fault with it yet. If you don't want to spend that much money on a new card, there's always the option of getting an older model (9000, 8500, 7500), as they all came out with All-In-Wonder options.

You could also go the way of a seperate card for video input, and keep your existing card, but solutions down that path can get very costly for the same amount of quality the ATi cards deliver.

Thread Information