Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Between Nvidia and ATI

Bench 2:

:cheers:

Anandtech:

"From the ATI camp the $499 Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB, just like the NV35, is a difficult purchase to justify; even more difficult in this case because the GeForceFX 5900 Ultra does outperform it in a number of tests. The benefit of 256MB of memory is quite small right now, and the price premium is definitely not worth it. We'd also honestly hope that the issues we encountered with our Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB board were limited to our board alone, and aren't representative of ATI running their memory out of spec."

wow! thats a huge difference eh? but according to one magazine i have read, the Nvidia is cheating on their drivers, is that true?

Anyway, i dont really care about which one is which is better.

For now I'm gonna have stick to my Sapphire Radeon 9700 pro because the battle between these two giant company's will never end.

The GeForce FX 5900 may be the dominant product on the market for now, but I am sure that the battle is not gonna end on FX 5900.

"I MaY nOt WhAt ThEy CaLlEd PERFECT bUt SoMe PaRtS Of Me ArE ŁUcKiNg ExElLeNt!"

hmm.. both cards are equally good.. and cost the same no? so either card will kick ass!

you shouldnt really base your decisions solely on benchmarks because of optimizations by both ATI and Nvidia.

The___tweaker, sorry but you should check this out also.

fx5900 review

look all the way down where they bench the cards with "anti-cheats".

Quote Originally Posted by crazysniper22
    wow! thats a huge difference eh? but according to one magazine i have read, the Nvidia is cheating on their drivers, is that true?
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...threadid=10975 :devil win

Ati is the only cheater around, they even confessed to have done it and promised never to do it again. This was some time ago though..

And your right, the battle will never end.. :)

hey tukinman! nice comparison sheet over there huh? i think that proves that both cards can kicks ass, it only depends on what games you were playing.

"I MaY nOt WhAt ThEy CaLlEd PERFECT bUt SoMe PaRtS Of Me ArE ŁUcKiNg ExElLeNt!"

LoL next time try and find a test where they running modern DX9 game tests suth as doom3 etc cause most of us is more intrested in how the cards handle future games like Doom3 rather than Quake 3.. :laugh:

I haven't seen one single DX9 benchmark where the 9800 isn't leaved behind, specially in high res with AA/AF enabled..

Sure both cards are great, but if ya go with Ati ya may want to cross your fingers that you don't get any problems as I've seen plenty recently.. Hope ya got stronger neves than me and good luck..

the____tweaker, hmm.. that might be true but read my post again and you'll see that i said, "don't base your decision solely on benchmarks". Reason being, once again, like i said "optimizations". And I believe Doom3 is "The Way It's Meant To Be Played", and it would look really bad if the 9800 beat it.

But that's me, I like to see cards perform (which means I dont mind waiting for the card until people actually have them or if I see it for myself in stores).

i'd have to agree with the__tweaker not only on because of the benchmarks but because of what people have said about the card. As for cheating i don't know about that and noone probably does but maybe people should start using game benchmarks over 3dmark.

ATi is not the biggest cheater around! I'm not sure if The Tweaker has been under a rock for a while, but Nvidia got busted BIG TIME for cheating to a far greater degree than ATI ever has! They removed the optimizations for 3DMark2003 out of their drivers due to the 330 3DMark03 patch and their results fell in the order of 30% or more.

Unwinder, the author of RivaTuner actually got so disgusted with the whole situation he created an "Anticheat" detector script to figure out what ATI and Nvidia were doing to "optimize" their drivers. ATI cooperated with Unwinder while Nvidia has recently simply encrypted their drivers so people like Unwinder now cannot decipher what their drivers are doing.

I would strongly recommend that the Doom3 benchmark not be what you use to make your purchasing decision as both Nvidia's current drivers and the program itself are heavily optimized for the FX series. If that's the only game you ever play in your life, fine, however in virtually ever other benchmark the 9800 Pro either comes within 1-2fps or beats the 5900 Ultra, especially with high AA/AF.

Not to mention it doesn't take up two AGP/PCI slots, runs cooler and costs less. Do some research guys.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information