Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Between Nvidia and ATI

Hello guys! i just wanted to know, which is the best graphics card on the market, Is it the Nvdia GeForce FX 5900 or the ATI Radeon 9800 pro?

"I MaY nOt WhAt ThEy CaLlEd PERFECT bUt SoMe PaRtS Of Me ArE ŁUcKiNg ExElLeNt!"

Comparing a Radeon 9800 with a GeForce FX 5900 is like comparing a Porsche 911 with a Ferrari 360. At the moment I'd say the 9800 has the edge, but not by much.

Even though I haven't seen any review were the 9800 Pro Beats out the 5900 Ultra.. :)

Also take into consideration that I've played about 150-200 pc games on different Nvidia cards the last 18 month and only had problems with two of em'. This problem I solved by getting the latest Dets as I were using the second latest at the time. Now what do you think that number would have been if i used Ati cards..:?:

Even though 9800 seem to be a very solid product I still think Nvidia are a safer way to go for maximum driver/software compability. Just have a look around the forum and you'll see what I mean.. :devil win

The__tweaker: ATI has made HUGE steps forward in the driver / compatibility area ! Support from game makers has also made a big leap.
    I was asking the same question before I bought my AIW9700Pro, and I have yet to see a single problem..
    In short, ATI and nVidia are the 2 leaders at the moment for a reason...They both produce the best products at the moment !!
    :cheers:
    SPAM Special Ops

Yes I know, I've even consider buying the 9800 Pro myself. But all the reviews kinda head me towards FX 5900 Ultra.

I recently bought an ATI Radeon 9500 pro and an ATI Radeon 9800 pro if I had it to do over again I would have stuck with Nvida becuase of compatability issues and going with a name I trust more. I'd be glad to trade anyone my ATI Radeon 9800 pro for a GF FX 5900 right now.

Sorry to hear that.. :(

Even though ATI makes solid improved products nowadays I really don't think they can't be compared with Nvidia when it comes to drivers & compability.. I hope things works out for ya m8..

Btw I'd just thought I'd share a little bit of info on the Ati fans biggest argument in the matter. The image quality..

This info can be read on many different sites, Anandtech is one of em'.. Nvidias new drivers have greatly improved imagequality etc..
    ------------------------------------------
    "Finally, NVIDIA's claim that their "performance" mode offers equal to or greater quality than ATI's is actually true. The benefit here is that NVIDIA actually does some (albeit a small amount) of trilinear filtering in their performance aniso mode, which smooths the transitions between the different mip levels. The tables have turned and now it's ATI's turn to play catch-up and make their performance mode look better."

"Both ATI and NVIDIA's quality modes are virtually identical, you'd be hard pressed to find a difference between the two."
    --------------------------------------------
    The difference in image quality between those top end cards is nowere near as big as some people think after the 5800 failure..

More about the drivers:

"Both ATI and NVIDIA provided us with new drivers for this review; ATI gave us their new Catalyst 3.4 drivers while NVIDIA provided us with their new Detonator FX drivers (44.03).

The Catalyst 3.4 drivers provided us with a couple of problems, the most noticeable ones were the following:

1) Performance under Doom3 was horrible, significantly lower than the older Catalyst 3.2 drivers. These drivers would also cause the game to crash in a repeatable fashion.

2) Update: The Splinter Cell issues we reported in the past are in fact an issue with Splinter Cell and enabling AA. The issues seemed to happen more with ATI because NVIDIA's drivers disable AA in Splinter Cell, hence they seemed to be related to ATI's drivers.

NVIDIA's Detonator FX drivers will be publicly available on May 14th and will improve performance across the board for all FX cards, we will be following up with a performance article later this week entailing the exact performance improvements you can expect from the Detonator FX drivers. We encountered no issues with the drivers, and we're glad NVIDIA finally changed their anisotropic filtering quality settings to match up with ATI's (as well as fix the image quality issues we've been griping about all this time):"

Bench:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information