Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Error caused by Graphics Device Driver




  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    306

    Default

    hello guys!

    I have a Sapphire Radeon 9700 Atlantis 128MB Pro graphics card, but sometimes I'm having problems with it.

    Suddenly my system hangs up and reboot, and when i report this problem to Microsoft Online Crahes, they come up with this report message "Error caused by Graphics Device Driver"

    Can somebody tells me what might have caused the problem? I have the new release driver from ATI, which is the Catalyst 3.5.

    Ohh... this might help you to help me with my problem, when i right click on "My Computer" then go to device manager under the "Display Adapters" I have 2 adapters displayed, one is Radeon 9700 pro and the second one is also Radeon 9700 pro - Secondary....

    I dont understand it, why i have two adapters. It supposed to be just the Radeon 9700 pro without the secondary..

    i need your help!!!!!!:cry:

    thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    195

    Default

    I have no idea about ATI probucts. Although I will give this one a shot since I do know computers.
    Sounds like somehow you installed the card/drivers twice.

    I would uninstall everything, including the crd, and start from scratch and see what happens.

    Just my :2cents:

    Chez
    SFlower/Kingwin TT-201AB-W 3 window 12 bay Black/Gold ~
    Antec 480Blue modded+UV blue sleeved-hshrink from Pc-perfomance
    A7V8X Deluxe Rev. 2.0 - 2500+ Barton ~ Aero 7+ OR TT 11 Xaser w/ TT fan tube
    MSI Ti4200-VTD8X 8X AGP w/Zalman h-pipe cooler ~ Geil 2 x 512 Cas 2.5 6-3-3-2t w/Blue HS
    WD120JB 7200 8mg Cache ~ Maxtor Quantum Fireball 60GB
    Lite-on 48x24x48x16x CDRW-DVD Black ~ Aopen 56x Cdrom Black
    Enermax 3.5" Fan controller A3FATR2 ~ Round UV Blue cables/Silver braid
    2x12” UV/Blacklight CC Sound/on-off/PCI switch ~ 2x12” Thtake Blue CC Sound/on-off/PCI sw
    ALL wires UV Blue sleeved + Hshrink - Cornea CT 1904 19" LCD BLk/Slvr ~ Microsoft™ Windows XP Pro

    Knowledge is POWER

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    306

    Default

    thanks man! but i already done it, i un-install everything, the Driver, the Video Card etc... etc... but that didn't work either

    Anyway thanx for replying!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazysniper22
    Ohh... this might help you to help me with my problem, when i right click on "My Computer" then go to device manager under the "Display Adapters" I have 2 adapters displayed, one is Radeon 9700 pro and the second one is also Radeon 9700 pro - Secondary....
    I dont understand it, why i have two adapters. It supposed to be just the Radeon 9700 pro without the secondary..
    That's normal...I have 2 also. It's the HydraVision (using 2 monitors) feature. No worries about that.... :cheers:
    SPAM Special Ops

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    306

    Default

    i see, so its normal having two. ok i'll enable that again, LOL co'z i just disabled it.

    Anyway what Hydravisioon means? two monitors?

    Thanks for your help cheers!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazysniper22
    I have a Sapphire Radeon 9700 Atlantis 128MB Pro graphics card, but sometimes I'm having problems with it.
    Suddenly my system hangs up and reboot, and when i report this problem to Microsoft Online Crahes, they come up with this report message "Error caused by Graphics Device Driver"
    Can somebody tells me what might have caused the problem? I have the new release driver from ATI, which is the Catalyst 3.5.
    What kind of PSU do you have ? Make sure it's at least a 300W PSU as that's the minimum requirement.
    Please give us you complete system spec.
    SPAM Special Ops

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazysniper22
    i see, so its normal having two. ok i'll enable that again, LOL co'z i just disabled it.

    Anyway what Hydravision means? two monitors?

    Thanks for your help cheers!
    Yes, it's ATI's nickname for using a dual monitor setup.
    SPAM Special Ops

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Oh and one more thing... you have a Gigabyte MoBo right? did you used the EasyTune4 to overclock your system? You know that windows based overclocking tools that comes with MoBo's System Drive. I have read on the Gigabytes website that every MoBo's they are doing comes with EasyTune4

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    I have EasyTuneIII, but I never use it.
    SPAM Special Ops

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    306

    Default

    you never used it? so how you overclock your system? or you did not overclock it at all.

    Anyway heres my Specs.

    Pentium 4 2.66 MHz FSB 533MHz
    Kingmax PC3200 400Mhz 512 DDR Gold PCB
    Sapphire Radeon 9700 Atlantis pro 128 MB
    Gigabyte GA-8INXP Intel E7205 chipset with Dual Bios
    Seagate SERIAL SATA Barracuda 7200.7 120Gb Hard Disk
    Vantec VP4-C7040 P4 Aeroflow Cooler P4 3.06Ghz+
    Sony CRX220A1 52x24x52 CR-R/RW
    Samsumg 16x DVD read and 52x CD-Rom
    Panasonic 3.5 Floppy Disk Drive
    Antec True-Blue 480 Watts Power Supply
    Antec PlusView 1000AMG without PSU case
    2 80mm Akasa Fan Nebula with 4 Colour Blade illumination
    2 80mm Antec Smart case fan
    AverMedia TV tuner
    etc... etc...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •