Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error caused by Graphics Device Driver

hello guys!

I have a Sapphire Radeon 9700 Atlantis 128MB Pro graphics card, but sometimes I'm having problems with it.

Suddenly my system hangs up and reboot, and when i report this problem to Microsoft Online Crahes, they come up with this report message "Error caused by Graphics Device Driver"

Can somebody tells me what might have caused the problem? I have the new release driver from ATI, which is the Catalyst 3.5.

Ohh... this might help you to help me with my problem, when i right click on "My Computer" then go to device manager under the "Display Adapters" I have 2 adapters displayed, one is Radeon 9700 pro and the second one is also Radeon 9700 pro - Secondary....

I dont understand it, why i have two adapters. It supposed to be just the Radeon 9700 pro without the secondary..

i need your help!!!!!!:cry:

thanks in advance!

I have no idea about ATI probucts. Although I will give this one a shot since I do know computers.
    Sounds like somehow you installed the card/drivers twice.

I would uninstall everything, including the crd, and start from scratch and see what happens.

Just my :2cents:

Chez
    SFlower/Kingwin TT-201AB-W 3 window 12 bay Black/Gold ~
    Antec 480Blue modded+UV blue sleeved-hshrink from Pc-perfomance
    A7V8X Deluxe Rev. 2.0 - 2500+ Barton ~ Aero 7+ OR TT 11 Xaser w/ TT fan tube
    MSI Ti4200-VTD8X 8X AGP w/Zalman h-pipe cooler ~ Geil 2 x 512 Cas 2.5 6-3-3-2t w/Blue HS
    WD120JB 7200 8mg Cache ~ Maxtor Quantum Fireball 60GB
    Lite-on 48x24x48x16x CDRW-DVD Black ~ Aopen 56x Cdrom Black
    Enermax 3.5" Fan controller A3FATR2 ~ Round UV Blue cables/Silver braid
    2x12” UV/Blacklight CC Sound/on-off/PCI switch ~ 2x12” Thtake Blue CC Sound/on-off/PCI sw
    ALL wires UV Blue sleeved + Hshrink - Cornea CT 1904 19" LCD BLk/Slvr ~ Microsoft™ Windows XP Pro

Knowledge is POWER

thanks man! but i already done it, i un-install everything, the Driver, the Video Card etc... etc... but that didn't work either

Anyway thanx for replying!

Quote Originally Posted by crazysniper22
    Ohh... this might help you to help me with my problem, when i right click on "My Computer" then go to device manager under the "Display Adapters" I have 2 adapters displayed, one is Radeon 9700 pro and the second one is also Radeon 9700 pro - Secondary....
    I dont understand it, why i have two adapters. It supposed to be just the Radeon 9700 pro without the secondary..
    That's normal...I have 2 also. It's the HydraVision (using 2 monitors) feature. No worries about that.... :cheers:
    SPAM Special Ops

i see, so its normal having two. ok i'll enable that again, LOL co'z i just disabled it.

Anyway what Hydravisioon means? two monitors?

Thanks for your help cheers!

I have a Sapphire Radeon 9700 Atlantis 128MB Pro graphics card, but sometimes I'm having problems with it.
    Suddenly my system hangs up and reboot, and when i report this problem to Microsoft Online Crahes, they come up with this report message "Error caused by Graphics Device Driver"
    Can somebody tells me what might have caused the problem? I have the new release driver from ATI, which is the Catalyst 3.5.
    What kind of PSU do you have ? Make sure it's at least a 300W PSU as that's the minimum requirement.
    Please give us you complete system spec.
    SPAM Special Ops

i see, so its normal having two. ok i'll enable that again, LOL co'z i just disabled it.

Anyway what Hydravision means? two monitors?

Thanks for your help cheers!
    Yes, it's ATI's nickname for using a dual monitor setup.
    SPAM Special Ops

Oh and one more thing... you have a Gigabyte MoBo right? did you used the EasyTune4 to overclock your system? You know that windows based overclocking tools that comes with MoBo's System Drive. I have read on the Gigabytes website that every MoBo's they are doing comes with EasyTune4

I have EasyTuneIII, but I never use it.
    SPAM Special Ops

you never used it? so how you overclock your system? or you did not overclock it at all.

Anyway heres my Specs.

Pentium 4 2.66 MHz FSB 533MHz
    Kingmax PC3200 400Mhz 512 DDR Gold PCB
    Sapphire Radeon 9700 Atlantis pro 128 MB
    Gigabyte GA-8INXP Intel E7205 chipset with Dual Bios
    Seagate SERIAL SATA Barracuda 7200.7 120Gb Hard Disk
    Vantec VP4-C7040 P4 Aeroflow Cooler P4 3.06Ghz+
    Sony CRX220A1 52x24x52 CR-R/RW
    Samsumg 16x DVD read and 52x CD-Rom
    Panasonic 3.5 Floppy Disk Drive
    Antec True-Blue 480 Watts Power Supply
    Antec PlusView 1000AMG without PSU case