Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: CMOS settings for AGP.

Can anyone tell me what any of these settings are and what I should have them set to for an ATI Radeon 9800 pro.

AGP Driving Value.

AGP Master 1 WS Write (Enable or Disable)

AGP Master 1 WS Read (Enable or Disable)

DBI Output for AGP Trans. (Enable or Disable)

AGP Driving Value - Leave this set to AUTO unless you are having problems with stability. A wrong move here can wreck your system. If stability issues arise, then try either EA or DA settings as these have shown to be the best in terms of performance and stability.

AGP Master 1 WS Write - Enable this setting. It reduces the number of wait states from 2 to 1 and gives marginally better performance.

AGP Master 1 WS Read - Same as above for the same reasons.

DBI Output for AGP Trans. - I'm not familiar with this setting so I'll leave it for someone else to answer.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    AGP Driving Value - Leave this set to AUTO unless you are having problems with stability. A wrong move here can wreck your system. If stability issues arise, then try either EA or DA settings as these have shown to be the best in terms of performance and stability.

AGP Master 1 WS Write - Enable this setting. It reduces the number of wait states from 2 to 1 and gives marginally better performance.

AGP Master 1 WS Read - Same as above for the same reasons.

DBI Output for AGP Trans. - I'm not familiar with this setting so I'll leave it for someone else to answer.

Thanks for the info.
    My AGP Driving value is auto set to DA, it has no EA setting just a manual setting and a string to enter into it. I'm assuming Fast Write should also be disabled since its an ATI card I'm using.
    My board has a bunch of apature size settings. 32(I think), 64, 128, and 256. I'm using 128 and 64 is defualt, but maybe 256 is the way to go. The video card has 128 meg of Ram and my system has 512 MB. What do you think?

Thread Information