Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MY Won FX5600 question

did ya reinstall dx9? then the new drivers?
    My rig:
    amd athlon xp 2500+ barton core @2.16GHZ (180mhz 12x)
    cooler master x-dream(with cooler master high performance thermal compound)
    mobo: asus a7n8x deluxe
    512mb of ddr pc-3200
    radeon 9500 pro
    pctv tuner card
    antec 5.1 speakers
    antec case with 5 80mm fans
    430 watts psu
    15" monitor @ 1024*768 32bit 70hz
    48x cd-rom, 52x24x52x cdrw
    2x 160gbs 7200 rpm 8mb buffer maxtor hdd
    win xp pro with sp1a
    all drivers updated

"They say that when you run a Microsoft CD backwards you can hear demonic voices... But that's nothing - When you run it forwards it installs Windows"

Quote Originally Posted by amd_man2003
    Ugh, this thing is raising hell, I install the drivers and display goes away, I tried the latest Dets and it does thhe samne thing . :(......and YES, i did remove the old Vcard drivers

Does the screen go completely black? Like it is when it is powered off? The reason I ask is because I had a Ti4200 Abit Siluro that did that everytime I tried to reformat! It would work OK in windows, but when I wanted to reformat my hard drive, I had to put in a cheap VGA card and get xp back on then put back in my Ti 4200 again! That got to be a pain and I finally sold it, (GOOD RIDDANCE!) I found out later on that some of the generic video drivers in xp were conflicting with my nvidia drivers and this was causing the "black screen " effect! I am just wondering if you have that kind of problem and if this could be your culprit???
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

It was working OK with generic drivers, not with the good ones.

Ouch!

I had the same problem with an ATI Radeon a while back. Ran great with Windows generic drivers but black screened when I tried to install the ATI ones.

Found out it was an incompatability with the main chipset on the motherboard. Try going to your MB manufacturer and see if they list any known problems.

Now wouldn't THAT just suck

BTW it was the Via Apollo chipset and was quit a while ago.

Good Luck!

It5s no biggy if it aint compatible with my Chipset as im on my backup rig till I get my main one back going, That was my first thought. Damn SiS 730 chipset :hmph

Yeah SIS can be a *****, it should work sweet with your Nforce2 when you get it.. :)

Quote Originally Posted by amd_man2003
    Okay, can I run this an AGP 4X? Till i get my nforce mobo back
    Congrats BTW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information