Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: S3 Savage 4 with Windows XP?

Ok some time ago my old 3d card broke down and my dad sent me a Creative Blaster Savage 4 PCI card with 32 mb of memory.

Ok so xp recongnizes it as a s3 card on my monitor, but when I try to install new drivers with the BlasterControl utility, xp just pretends the drivers are another card.

any help?

Ok sorry my previous post was so short and undetailed because I was in a rush.

Ok so I have windows XP pro and I just got a Creative 3D Blaster SAVAGE4 32 MB PCI card because my old card broke down( I sort of figured it would be better than an intel integrated 4 mb).

Ok so before I open the case I uninstall all drivers utilities for intel integrated and disable the device via device manager. I turn the comp off and put the SAVAGE4 in. Windows recognizes the card and gives it some drivers from windows xp publisher.

I check my framerate on Counter-Strike and I'm not that suprised that I get about 30-40 max on xp drivers. So I decide to update them. I download the Windows NT drivers(newest one) with Blastercontrol 3.0. As soon as I reboot there seems to be a new card in my system with the correct name(Creative Blaster etc.), in addition to the S3 SAVAGE4 already installed.

The creative option which I use doesnt recognize my monitor(gives default monitor) and the framerates are apalling, even worse than the standard xp drivers. But it has one thing that I want, the Blastercontrol panel which lets me overclock the card to 144(isnt that what its supposed to be?).

Well I don't know what else to really type, might anyone know a site where there are creative xp drivers for this card?

I checked S3's site and I saw some drivers for windows 2000, that might work so I will try those.

thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCow

I checked S3's site and I saw some drivers for windows 2000, that might work so I will try those.

thanks in advance.
    thats what i would try the win2K drivers. S3 went out of the graphics card biz shortly after the Savage line of cards were released. Now they're Sonic Blue.. but no support for their legacy products..

Thread Information