Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Monitor Flickers

Well, I called him and gave him instructions on what to do.
    Told him to plug the monitor directly into the wall, but the problem still went on.
    Then told him to try different monitors and the monitor that he switched to use on the "problem" computer still flickers. So it's not the monitor.

His brining the computer over to my place tomorrow, so I'm going to switch graphic card and see if that is the problem.

So far I got in mind that it could be the motherboard or RAM.

Just incase some misundersstood me the problem is that the monitor just goes black for a second then back to normal, but when it goes back to normal the old image is like glitch onto the current image, kinda hard to describe. You know when you system crashes? And the image is all stuffed, and you have to move your mouse cursor over it to make it go away?
    Sorry bout bad description.
    :wow:

you mean liek when your computer is under bad stress and you move awindow over something and it like kinda goes like solitaire

if thats so, its definetly a hardware problem, probably like you said, mobo or ram
    Athlon XP 1800+ DUT3C 1.53ghz @ 166*11.5=1.91ghz | Chaintech Apogee 7VJL | 2x256mb DDR333 PC-2700 | Powercolor Radeon 9600Pro 128mb EZ 400/400 | Lite-on 52x24x52 | Pioneer 108 DVD-RW 16x Dual Layer Dual Format | Xbox USB Modded Controller

I'll bet it's that vid card saying goodbye..

I would suspect vid card too. it is only a gf4 400.
    Hell my cheapo Gateway 19" can handle 75Mhz w.o problems!:cheers:

Ill third the motion of it being a bad video card ;)

Update
    He brought his rig over to my place today, had my monitor on it and it still flickered (Not the monitor playing up). The I swapped my RAM into his computer and it still happened (Cross out RAM on the list of possible problems).
    Had nothing to do later on so I tweaked his graphic card, when I did this and pushed it a bit further the monitor flickered like crazy!!
    My conclusion is the graphic card. Told him to when he gets home use metho and clean the copper contacts and see if that works.
    His graphic card was only 3 months old, oh well, still under warranty.

:hammer:

EDIT: Convinced him to run F@H on his 4 computers at his place. His going to run them under my account :D :D
    :cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by DraGoN-BoY
    EDIT: Convinced him to run F@H on his 4 computers at his place. His going to run them under my account :D :D
    :cheers:
    :drool: lucky, lucky man...anyway, 4 more CPUs might get us into the top 400:woot:

it does sound like a video card issue now, ya might consider a Ti4200 if it's in the budget
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Glad to see the new additions to Folding! Also, I just thought of this, it could be the PSU, but ID try a different Vcard first, as it seems to be it.

When I get the Radeon 9800 PRO I'll give my GF4 to him to test. If that don't work then it's got to be the PSU. :hammer:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information