Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: PCI Express

Really........?

So you're saying you don't think there will be S-ATA PCI-Express cards available? There will be, I guarantee... (there probably are already!)
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Quote Originally Posted by zeradul
    Really........?

So you're saying you don't think there will be S-ATA PCI-Express cards available? There will be, I guarantee... (there probably are already!)
    I think you are a little confused here...

SATA is for Drives, it is not a slot technology for add-in cards. It is an alternative to running HD's and CDROMs through the PCI bus.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

Right, and there will be PCI-Express S-ATA controller cards.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Soulburner just as there's a need for PCI ATA and SATA controllers do you honestly mean to say that that won't make them in PCI Express format? : omg:
    There are ppl out there that can't get enough of everything and I can bet there will be PCI Express versions of them as I stand by what I said, "Eventually any hardware that's available for AGP and PCI slots will be ported to PCI Express.", and I bet you'll loose very quickly as there will be more who'll need more SATA drives in their systems than their mobo can support natively. :laugh:

A seperate controller card, maybe yes.

But realize that SATA is its own dedicated bus. It does not run through the PCI (at least for Intel, it runs through the ICH5).

PCX would have nothing to do with it.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner
    A seperate controller card, maybe yes.

But realize that SATA is its own dedicated bus. It does not run through the PCI (at least for Intel, it runs through the ICH5).

PCX would have nothing to do with it.
    Are still wakin' up are ya and SATA has only been pulled from the PCI bus when the later Intel chipsets arrived but what does your statement have to do with mine, "Eventually any hardware that's available for AGP and PCI slots will be ported to PCI Express.", and what the hell does PCX have to do with it? Man if ya on some drugs of some sort then ya should share them around. Are ya now talkin' PCI Express or PCI-X? Use the proper name and that way others will know exactly what ya talkin' about and not "assume" something else.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information