Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Please Help !




  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I'm running dual monitors. One monitor is connected to my AGP slot, the other monitor is connected to a PCI card. The monitor connected to the PCI card, goes black intermittently. The other one is still functional at that time. After I do a reboot, the other monitor comes back up fine. Sometimes after a few hours it may repeat the process. Checked my bios and device manager, everything appears to be working properly. Wanted someones else advice and input before I run out and buy a new PCI graphics card. That's the only thing that I can think of that may be causing this problem. Any and all input is welcome, thanks in advanced !

    Raven:wave:

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    New England Highlands, Australia
    Posts
    21,907

    Default

    Have ya checked for IRQ conflicts? Also what video cards are ya usin' as if they're different makes ya maybe gettin' a driver conflict. :?:

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Have ya checked for IRQ conflicts? Also what video cards are ya usin' as if they're different makes ya maybe gettin' a driver conflict. :?:

    Using (pci) NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400
    and (agp) RADEON 7000.

    Thought that Device Manager would show IRQ conflicts. It shows both devices are working properly. Show me how to check for more detail information Bro. Been running these two monitors together for about 6mos, this problem started about 2 weeks ago. What ya think I should check Bro ? Thanks in advanced.

    Raven:wave:

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,790

    Default

    What was the last thing you installed/changed before this started happening?

    Maybe drivers conflicting? Nvidia and ATI drivers do not like each other.

    FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    New England Highlands, Australia
    Posts
    21,907

    Default

    I've always only used cards that use the same driver and maybe in your case one has corrupted the other if some other software isn't involved but to check IRQ's go to the Device Manager/View/Resources by connection.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner
    What was the last thing you installed/changed before this started happening?

    Maybe drivers conflicting? Nvidia and ATI drivers do not like each other.
    I think it was my 52x burner ! Not real positive though !

    Raven:shrug:

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    I've always only used cards that use the same driver and maybe in your case one has corrupted the other if some other software isn't involved but to check IRQ's go to the Device Manager/View/Resources by connection.

    Went under Device Manager/View/Resources by connection and it says : (IRQ) :

    (PCI) 11 NVIDAI GeForce2 MX/MX 400
    (PCI) 11 RADEON 7000

    Checked under the Resources/Conflicting device list :
    and it says "No conflicts" under both tabs.

    Do you think it is worth while to swap monitors, to eliminate the monitor, or is that a waste of time ? I notice when the monitor screen turns black, the little green LED on the monitor is still green, not amber. If that has any significants. Thanks in advanced !

    Raven

    :shrug:

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    New England Highlands, Australia
    Posts
    21,907

    Default

    Yes swappin' the monitors will at least rule them in or out and the two cards sharin' that IRQ should be fine.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    418

    Default

    Just out of curiosity. Could it be under your "power settings" where you have to set the monitor to "never turn off".
    OR the settings on your monitor, where it automatically turns off, or goes blank to save power?

    Mine used to do that and it wouldn't come back on when I used my mouse or touched my keyboard, even though it was set up to do so in my bios. I found in my power settings it was set to turn off after 20min. although I never changed it. It just did its on its own after I did something obviously.

    I was just thinking somewhere the second monitor is turning off due to a setting, or a power saving option.

    Chez

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chezman29
    Just out of curiosity. Could it be under your "power settings" where you have to set the monitor to "never turn off".
    OR the settings on your monitor, where it automatically turns off, or goes blank to save power?

    Mine used to do that and it wouldn't come back on when I used my mouse or touched my keyboard, even though it was set up to do so in my bios. I found in my power settings it was set to turn off after 20min. although I never changed it. It just did its on its own after I did something obviously.

    I was just thinking somewhere the second monitor is turning off due to a setting, or a power saving option.

    Chez
    I've always set my monitors to never shut off, but I did re-check and the settings are to never turn off. Thanks for your response !

    Raven

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •