Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hercules 9800Pro slow results?

Quote Originally Posted by DraGoN-BoY
    Right click on your desktop and click on properties.
    Then click on the Settings tab and click on the Advanced tab.
    Another settings box should pop up, click on Open GL tab and in there, there should be something that says Wait For Vertical Sync (For ATi), slide the slider down to Always Off.
    I cant find it. what i can see from there are these -- DISPLAY, COLOR, OPTIONS, OVERLAY, GENERAL, ADAPTER, MONITOR, TROUBLESHOOT, COLOR MANAGEMENT, SMARTGART(tm), 3D, and VPU RECOVER.

Quote Originally Posted by crazysniper22
    I cant find it. what i can from there is these DISPLAY, COLOR, OPTIONS, OVERLAY, GENERAL, ADAPTER, MONITOR, TROUBLESHOOT, COLOR MANAGEMENT, SMARTGART(tm), 3D, and VPU RECOVER.
    it's under 3D. ATi did a little re-arranging with the Catalyst drivers :)
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

hey thanks minibubba! but i still can't see the Vsync thingy!

I have an option to whether use 3D or OpenGL then i got a slide for performance and balance thats all... em sorry im a bit dumb

I'm doing this from memory since I'm not at my home PC, but I think you just have to click 'custom' to the right of the slider. If you still have trouble, wait about an hour and I'll be able to take a more hands-on approach ;)

hehehe!!! your so good at it man, yah your right its under custom, but out of curiosity i already found it!!! hehehe!! thanks minibubba!! thanks!!

Oh by the way... what is the best one to use.. OpenGL or Direct 3D??

no problem :)

as for openGL and direct3D, it depends on the game. some games require one or the other while other games give you a choice (example, HL2 uses dx9 while Doom 3 uses openGL, i think). Personally, I like to use openGL whenever possible (however, directX is required far more often). Just tweak both for the performance you are after so no matter which is required you will always have the expience you expect.

i see,.. ok man thanks for the info!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information