Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: URGENT: What kind of RAM on my VGA?

How do I check to see what kind of RAM my Radeon 9500 PRO has? I donít think I have any documentation. Do I need to take it out of the case and look at it physically? Should I look for an ID number and than look it up? Thank you for your time.

Chaos: Make and model number?

Where would I find the make and model number? I can see through my case window a little white sticker. Could it be on there? Thank you weta, you are the VGA expert.

Chaos: If you don't know the make and model number, then I would suggest that you look at the card itself. Assuming it doesn't have ramsinks, you should be able to read the relevant information straight off the memory.

You're going to have to take the card out Chaos. As Weta said, if you dont have RAM sinks, read the info right off the memory and then go to the manufacturers site and punch it in (it's probably samsung RAM). If you have RAM heat sinks on the card, look for a sticker or something and then punch in that info. Just take down every # you can w/o taking the card apart, and go from there. Good luck, : peace2: Mista K6
    Modified Dell 8200 Case:
    -400MHz FSB i850 Intel mobo
    -P4 Williamette Socket 478, 1.9GHz
    -768MB 16-bit PC800 RDRAM
    -MSI GF4 Ti4200 128MB @ 284/581
    -7200 RPM Maxtors: 60GB (2MB) on mobo and 160GB (8MB) on ATA/133 PCI Card
    -Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 Speaker System on an Audigy 2
    -Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Rock on : peace2: , MiStA K6

Ok yeah i did it! I looked at it and it is infinion 3.3 RAM. Thanx for your help, my VGA adventure is now going along just fine.

Thread Information