Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GeForce4 ti4600 Problem

Here's my problem. Whenever I play any game that involves intense graphics, the game would freeze for about 15 seconds and then continue. It would to that many times and it gets very annoying. This just started happening a week ago so I'm thinking it's the card itself.

Games I know it does this on:
    Call of Duty
    Halo
    Asherons Call 2 (but complety freezes on this one)
    Battlefield 1942
    Mostly anything that's 3D

Do any of you know what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

Full system specs please and drivers to.

Windows XP Home SP1, Fully Updated
    AMD Athlon XP 1900+ 1.6Ghz
    1GB RAM
    120 GB HDD
    Video Card driver, 52.16 ForceWare

Anything else?

Did ya change anything or install something just prior to this prob? :?:

Hey ,I have a TI 4600 albtron medusa . I have it overclocked to 333 and 704 ... and have drivers updated and have similar games loaded sans the halo . I had a problem where it would lock up from intense 3d stuff before also ( mine would stop for awhile then start also ) this was awhile back . I found that my settings were to aggresive and you might benefit from cleaning up things religously ( remove all none progs , dump all them people off the bus . I have call of duty running at 1600 x 1200 and it rocks , this ti 4600 was best buy i made takes a beating from my learning to overclock and tweak and kicks out the games . I am getting 9800 se for $140.00 off price watch and hope i can soft mod it to get better preformance than this old trusty ti 4600 .I hope Nvidia pulls there head up soon cause i was staunch fan , but always willing to try new stuff you should too 140 is cheap .
    Vulcan chicks are hot .......... Cezch chicks are hot ............ my left palm is not

Well I tried putting my OLD Voodoo 5 PCI Card in and that didn't freeze the game nor crash it. So I'm guessing I'm gonna have to send it back with a RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization Number).

It was kinda funny playing Desert Combat with a Voodoo card lmao. It was incredibly choppy but all I was seeing if it was gonna freeze the game or crash it, and it didn't. That damn card has got to be like a foot long. It almost didn't fit in the PC. Hehe.

Well if any of you think of a solution about my problem let me know. If not I'll have to call in and get a RMA.

-Syn

Thread Information