Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gefore 2 Pci Cards.

Can anyone tell me what the best geforce 2 pci card is? I hear(from nvidia.com) that geforce 2 gts makes a pci version, but i have yet to see one. Any recommendations?

This is my setup, dont laugh please:

amd k6-2 550mhz
    192mb pc-100 ram
    Windows ME

im also looking into a 3D Prophet™ 4000XT Video Card, 32MB, PCI
    how would this work on my system?

The nVidia based card is a GF2 MX which several companies such as Jaton, Powercolor and a few other budget companies.

for geforce 2 i was mainly looking at the cardexpert geforce2 mx64 32mb pci card.

wtf is this? i cant find a geforce 2 gts pci card anywhere, what does "it supports pci" mean. http://nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=IO_20010528_5290

Now that's strange as I've never seen higher than than a GF2 MX400 in PCI build and they are not very common so a bit of searching around will probably have to be done to find one. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

the PCI versions stand up pretty well against their AGP counterparts...:thumb:
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Flash
    for geforce 2 i was mainly looking at the cardexpert geforce2 mx64 32mb pci card.

wtf is this? i cant find a geforce 2 gts pci card anywhere, what does "it supports pci" mean. http://nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=IO_20010528_5290
    Sure, it might support it but if no companies make a PCI version it doesn't does it... :)

i see, good point. do you think the 3d prophet 32mb, or a card expert's geforce 2 mx64 would work better on my bottle neck setup? (i hear good things about cardexpert from pcworld magazine, so ill probably go with them if i get a geforce)

The only prob ya may have is if the motherboard can't supply enough power to the card but most of these probs happen only with AGP cards but do make sure that where ever ya get it from will take a return if this is the case with yours as socket 7 motherboards were not designed with current hardware requirements. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

can you tell me which would work better on my rig, the card expert's geforce2 mx64 32mb pci card, or the 3d prophet 32mb. Does anyone have prior experience with either of these. Thanks for your help!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information