Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has this ever happened to your PC?!!

Last thursday i copped a dope @ss sony dvd burner for like 2 billls at staples and installed it....i'm using dvd dycryptor, daemon tools and instant copy to burn dvds...still haven't burned one...y.....well..i kept getting windows error messages...so i tried defragin....no luck..it would stop half way...so i said bugger it and i reinstalled xp...twice...cuz i have a partitioned hard drive and i screwed up and installed a second os instead of wiping out the one i already had...so anyway i delete the partition...i have the machine workin great now...this was late last nite...now this morning i turned the pc on and this thing just bleeps like a flaming goat...no signal goes to my monitor,,.,i tried turning it off and on many times...same results....anyone ever experience this or heard of this..cuz i haven't..i'm assumming its sumthin internally..but what could it be...what would cause my pc not to boot up....it just bleeps real loud...and no signal goes to monitor..could it be the video card?

please help..thnx

Edited by Admin to be more suitable for public consumption

Please read the rules, thats not a great title, also, the use of the word "fuk" is a bit out of hand.

But anyway, have you ran down all the basics? Checking connections etc, Also, Full System Specs would help

Beefy Guest

More importantly, what does it beep? Beeps are usually a code of some sort.

what do u mean what does it beep...its just beeps..the pc doesn't boot up...no signal hits the monitor from the pc...just beeps loadly...the pc does

OK sunshine, lets try this again. The question to you was in reference to the beeping sequence you're going on about. Is it s aseries of short beeps? A single long beep that then repeats itself? How about 2 short beeps followed by a long one then repeating?

The beep sequence is your motherboard's way of telling you where the problem lies. Once you figure out the beeping code, you can pull out the motherboard manual and begin troubleshooting.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

it was A single long beep that then repeats itself....what does that tell me ..what should i do?

Well full specs would still help, but at least from my experience, that tends to mean bad memory etc

thanx alot amd...first reasonable answer thus far...why r people so ****y on this forum...like u hold the keys to satans lair or sumthin...lets see specs...

p4 1600 ghz

256 ram

27 gig hard drive

msci board...i think....it uses the ac'97 audio card (avrack)

Do you happen to have the exact model of the mobo?

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Debut
    thanx alot amd...first reasonable answer thus far...why r people so ****y on this forum...like u hold the keys to satans lair or sumthin...
    The best we can try and help is work with what you tell us. From the start, all we knew about your PC is that it has a DVD burner. Hmmmm, that's really gonna help us know what we're dealing with. :rolleyes2

First reply you got, asked about your system specs. Then a comment about beep codes. Darth was nice enough to reiterate what I didn't bother saying. It's not until the last few posts that you actually say what we need.

and typing...and finishing lines with dots...isn't really...a...good way to communicate...A...little punctuation never hurt anybody...yet

Anyways, here's a list of beep codes. Compare the list to what you hear, and see what it says - http://www.pcmech.com/show/troubleshoot/14/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information