Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: low fps and scores

You dont just happen to have alot of other programs running when your running the benchmarks do you?

Well anyway, make sures its in 8X AGP as well. Also, download a Tweaking utility such as Powerstrip and ensure your Clock frequencies are running properly

hum now this is the thing. there is no agp 8x setting in bios even though both the card and the mobo support it (Says so on the box). I tried to use smartgart to change it through windows but when i reboot it stays at 4x. Someone with a p4p800 help me out here?

if u hav a friend with exactly the same setup, why not just check wat settings he is using?

yes i enabled agp 8x, yes agp texture acceleration shows up in dxdiag but im still getting a low score
    12,000 when it should be 15,000+ no?

Dude, something is majorly scerwed up, you should be getting 16,000+. Check every setting that your friend has and make sure yours is the same. If that happens and still no good, then it sounds like a bad install, and you might have to re-install your OS.
    Modified Dell 8200 Case:
    -400MHz FSB i850 Intel mobo
    -P4 Williamette Socket 478, 1.9GHz
    -768MB 16-bit PC800 RDRAM
    -MSI GF4 Ti4200 128MB @ 284/581
    -7200 RPM Maxtors: 60GB (2MB) on mobo and 160GB (8MB) on ATA/133 PCI Card
    -Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 Speaker System on an Audigy 2
    -Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Rock on : peace2: , MiStA K6

I'd get a replacement for your motherboard. It seems to be the problem in this situation. Since you've got a relatively new one, the store should give you a replacement if that's the problem.
    This is where my signature would go had my host not been such a Bandwidth Nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by SearanoX
    I'd get a replacement for your motherboard. It seems to be the problem in this situation. Since you've got a relatively new one, the store should give you a replacement if that's the problem.
    How could it be a mobo problem? It seems to be something with drivers or something. Id reformat and reinstall and see what happens

d'oh, i just reformatted not long ago. Maybe its windows 2k3 i dont know... should i reformat or install windows xp on a seperate partition?

I'd install XP on a different partition and try it

Ok, ill try that. Thanks for the help guys. Ill get back to you when i have installed it and see if its any better.
    cheers

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information